Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jack_her 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

Nice  People

Greatings from Argentine !!!

Im need make a computer 12v power supply. Anybody know how make it ??? Any schematic?

Please if you have any data send it me.

And sorry because my english is not good !!!!

Jack.

---->>>>Jack<<<<----
schmoo 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
no offence, but you are better off buying a PS.  By the time you got the components together you would have invested more than a pre-bought one anyway.  Don't waste your time...
a true canadian eh!
dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with schmoo. Though it depends on how you plan on using it. Is is a mobile application? Some online shops have custom power supplies designed for the vehicle. Do you need the 120VAC, or just the 12VDC and 5VDC?
Could use more details.
Your English is not bad, I have seen much worse!
DXAV
jack_her 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  

Thank ypu for your quick reaction and quick reply.

I want make a mobile computer in my car ( opel corsa C ) but in my country is very dificult find the components for make it.

For example, I dont find anybody what buy the mobile sceen and mobile PSU, only way for obtain this is import it, but the tax are very expensive for only one item.

The local market have only the DVD mobile screen but don't have any with vga input, and the psu is imposible for find. 

Then I think in make a PSU and impor the screen, but you have very reason, for a erius proyect is better buy in other country the component and only install it.

Then with more time design a local power supply.

Thank you again for your reply, and I request if you have any web site link for purchase it.

---->>>>Jack<<<<----
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
You should check out MP3car.com. They're are several people who have done exactly what you want to do. I went the easy and bought one. This one. I understand it may be hard to import it, but you might look into it.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
ravenndude 
Silver - Posts: 250
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2005 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
or you can try ripping the PSU out of computer and using a power inverter to power it. I realize this is very inefficient goiong from DC to AC to DC, but it will probably cost you less then the import tax.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic