icon

Headlight warning buzzer when door open

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
alpine0000 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  

2002 toyota 4runner sport edition. i just bought the truck 4 weeks ago. i found out the hard way that when i open my door and leave the headlights on, the warning buzzer that reminds you to turn them off doesnt work. im pretty sure this new of a vehicle should have one, but there is no buzz when i open the door and the heaedlights are on. please help!

where do i start? anybody know where the module is? or even what the problem may be? could it be a fuse? bad module?

thanks in advance

william

customcutlass92 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2005 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
If it has an aftermarket radio, it may have been disconnected. I had to disconnect it in my 2000 Cavalier or spend like $75 on a harness to wire in the factory radio.
alpine0000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2005 at 2:14 AM / IP Logged  

customcutlass92 wrote:
If it has an aftermarket radio, it may have been disconnected. I had to disconnect it in my 2000 Cavalier or spend like $75 on a harness to wire in the factory radio.

it does not have an aftermarket radio. everything in the truck is stock, and has always been stock. 

spittin2rock 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2005 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  

If I'm not mistaking doesn't a 4runner has an auto-lamp feature?

alpine0000 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2005 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
spittin2rock wrote:

If I'm not mistaking doesn't a 4runner has an auto-lamp feature?

autolamp meaning "automatically turn on lights at night, and turn off during the day"?

because, no, it doesnt have that. it does have automatic daytime running lights though, if thats what you mean. but you still have to manually turn on and off the "parking" lights at nighttime or they wont come on, just headlights only will be on

please elaborate on the auto-lamp feature you asked about. i am unfamilair

Labrador128 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
Our 4runner (02) has a variation of what i think your describing...no warning when lights left on & key removed,etc...you know the usual benefit most cars have had for decades...didn't notice on purchase (purchased new ... in daytime, of course)... What i've been able to surmise is that since we don't have an auto shut off feature....it maybe was a design oversight (part one of a two part setup, no warning if auto shut off always kicks in... but,again, our model does not have this for the headlights... I often go online (many sites by now) looking for any other leads on this...yours is the first resembling...Anyway, i stumbled on this site(12volt), looks to be a helpful group...If i find anything out re your described prob, i'll be sure to post back a ref (and -hopefully- someone will do likewise for me)...Take care...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic