icon

Good Decently priced Video Companies

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2005 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  

The store I am working at is looking for a new company to buy Video components from...

We curently carry accelle...I am not impressed with their product so we are switching...I would like to know some of your opinions on good companies to go with...

I am looking At ICON, Absolute, Blackmore, And Myron and Davis....

If you have any input on these companies or can recomend a company that has a good product at a Decent price I would appreciate it..

Thank you...

Good Decently priced Video Companies - Last Post -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2005 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
How about telling us what you don't like about accelle's products, and what type of video your looking for. (indash, overhead, headrest, or a mix of all, etc)
Offhand we like Vizualogic for headrest monitors, audiovox or visteon for overheads, and pioneer/eclipse/jensen for indash. I also like Eiger Vision as a lower cost video selection.
Mike
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2005 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  

Mostly what I do not like about Accelle is that their products look sooo bulky...I am looking for a slim line look.....And all that I am wanting are companies for Flip downs and Head rest (Drop-In) Monitors....

Their equpiment works ok but it looks Cheap and is getting harder to move because of the look of it...

I Really like the way Icon looks but they are VERY proud of their equipment....

I have been hearing good things about Audiovox I may check them out...

Thank you.....

Good Decently priced Video Companies - Last Post -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2005 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
Check out the Visteon 10". Priced nice and is the EASIEST/FASTEST overhead install you will ever do. Comes in 2 colors which can match nicely to 90% of the vehicles out there. Have an extended shroud also matched available so you can cut to fit the contours. Although with the extended shroud it does start to get a bit bulky. Downside would be no domelights built in which means you may end up relocating domelights on occasion, but many times with overheads you aren't removing an OEM light so it's not an issue. The dealerships LOVE these things if you do any work with them. I could use a little better picture quality out of them as well, but we haven't had any complaints in that department.
And again for headrest monitors I like the Vizualogics. Originally they were a pain in the ass to install and always ended up a rats nest. They have modified the install end of it a few times over the years and now have a pretty good process without much hassle to it. No experience with the other drop in's on the market so I can't compare. Hopefully some others will chime in.
Mike
tacalin 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
try www.valordvd.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic