icon

Problem with box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Pola_Trucos 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2005 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  

Hi people. I recently made my fist subwoffer box but i have a big problem. Because of my inexperience when I started to assembly the box I screwed the pieces of wood like crazy and ended up making a way to big box. It was supposed to be a rectangular box for two 12"woofers. It was supposed to be sealed box 36"withd, 18" tall and 10 deep made out of 3/4 inch mdf but when I started to put screws on the box I put the front  and top wall in other way and ended up with a box 11and1/2 deep. With the first measures  the box was suposed to be around 1.25 cu.ft per chamber but now that is around 1.50 cu.ft.  So guees what??? I losted a lot of bass now my woofers buttom like crazy when the system hit low notes and in the mid section when it used to brake windows now is like ok dude you have something in there. Is there anything I can do to reduce my box volume or will I have burn it and make a new one???

Dont use ten words when 5 will do fine.
Grkinstall 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2005 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
make a .25 cubic foot box and mount it inside but it still best to just make a new one you'll happier with it and you'll know you did it right plus it's good experience
Pola_Trucos 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2005 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
OK but will this make my sistem punchy like it was????? If the change is going to be minimal I rather make a new box.
JAydawg21 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2005 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
It sould be about the same as if it was originally built to the right specs.  ESSPECIALLY if its a sealed box because you dont care what thay back wave bangs it self off as long as it stays in the box.  I dont know if it will be as punchy as before cause i dont know what you had before.  But more importantly, hows come you decided to toss a box you were happy with??  just curious  : )
'97 Jeep Cherokee sport
subs: JL 12w3v2 : RF 500a2 :
RF 1F capacitor
doors: 6" Diamond D361i -> RF 200a4
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2005 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
Yea, I've never had a box that would break windows. I need the setup you used to have!!!
'85 Toy
Pola_Trucos 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2005 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
OK dudes I will try to save my box. Thank you very much people. And for supradude I only have two mtx 4500 12 inch woofers powered by an mtx 801D  amp one svr bat R33-12 I have a clarion preamp and a a crappy panasonic deck. Amazingly one day I was with my air turned and all windows up and I was playing this reggaeton track and suddently it hit a very good mid bass note and pluf I noticed a litte crack in the front windshield of my 1989 S-15 Jimmy. I guess the windshield was old jaja. For the other guy that asked why I made a new box well I did it to get more room in my trunk the other one was too deep and was killing my trunk space.
Pola_Trucos 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2005 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
I decided to build a new box because the old one was too deep and was killing my trunk space. For the other guy I have two mtx 4500 12 inch woofers powered with a 801D mtx amp. It breack my front window one day with the windows up. Just a little crack. I guees the glas was old jajaja .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic