icon

SPL/SQ Subwoofers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jettagli03 
Copper - Posts: 311
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2005 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2003 Jetta and am going to make a custom rear deck with two subwoofers and the enclosure in the trunk -- which means i can also make the enclosures as big as i want. I want VERY GOOD SQ but also want it to hit EXTREMELY HARD, what subwoofers -- any size and/or price -- would be the best for this? I was thinking something like JL 13W7's or maybe a pair of RE XXX's... any suggestions? ALSO what kind of amp should i use. I have a JBL GTO 1201.1 but after blowing two subwoofers with it (Orion H2 15 and Brahma 12) -- even though it probly wasnt the amps fault :-( -- im going to switch to a better amp. I like the look of the JBL amps :-P so i was thinking a BPX1100.1 or 2200.1 depending on the subwoofer setup i get. Some input would be superb... im going on vacation today so I will buying/building the week of the 14th
skoldspuppy 
Silver - Posts: 342
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2005 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  

Well there is a ton out there

The XXX is a favorite of mine, since I have one on order directly from RE,  just have to wait for my Snail Shell box to be built for it
The W7 is also a good choice , but I cant justify spending that kind of money
The RL-P from  Sound Splinter is a nice choice, TC sounds makes there drivers and if you ever used a TC9 you know they handle loads of power and still sound good
IDMAX's from Image Dynamics seems to handle the SPL/SQ quite nicely in a well built enclosure
Thats just a sample of many that you can choose from

Good Luck

--Skold

2004 Honda Civic Ex 4Dr
Kenwood DDX-7015/W Nav
4 Fosgate T152C
Hifonics Brutus BX1500D
RE XXX 12 in a 4 Cube Snail Shell
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2005 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
Out of the group i'd order the RLP's or the TC9's. I got 3 15" TC9's in my deal right now and they hit EXTREMELY hard and maintain great clarity. I have a Cadence ZRS-9 running to them, powering them at 1.3333 ohms. It sounds great!!!!!
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
ophidia31 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2005 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
you can also go with an aluminum or titanium series eclipse (dependant on how much you want to spend) or get some kicker l5 or l7s.
Ocuriel 
Copper - Posts: 141
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2005 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
indoaudio on e-bay has oz audio 12's on sale for under $200 a piece. i hear they are the same if not, very similar sub as the image dynamics max sub's.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic