icon

Pioneer AVIC N-2 & 2003 Denali XL

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
auroraexplorer 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2005 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2003 Yukon Denali and have bought a Pioneer AVIC N-2 and had it "Professionally"  installed at a local electronics store.  The installer did not hook up the speed pulse wire because he said he could not locate it (This is the first Denali he and his partner had worked on.  I live in KY, so resources are limited).  Could someone please tell me how to locate this wire and the color, so I can 1) take the info to the tech or 2) hook it up myself.  This is a great forum.  Lots of great info.  Thanks.  Also, found out that I loose alot of factory options by having the AVIC N-2 installed.

slab42 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2005 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
the guy just did not want to do it, or just has no idea how to find a VSS, cuz the denali is the same as any other yukon in that respect.  It should be GREEN / WHITE behind the cluster, I believe pin A4.  get your meter and test it though.  easiest way is to pull the cluster, attach a few feet of wire to the wire mentioned, and put the cluster back, now use the wire that you attached to test while you drive the car (make sure all other plugs are plugged in before turning the car back on, don't wanna throw an ABS light or something.  For most cars, the VSS is 0 volts at rest, and then goes up to 6-12 volts depending on the speed of the vehicle.  If it is not there, try finding it at the PCM, which is under the hood next to the fan shroud, I believe on the driver's side.  The VSS wire there should be the same color, in the green plug, pin 50 I believe.  Again, test with a digital multimeter before connecting to this wire!  HTH
auroraexplorer 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2005 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you, sincerely.  It will be a tremendous help.
azdoi 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2005 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
Many times you can also find the VSS at the radio harness.  It will be in the smaller 12 pin harness, I'm not sure of the pin position, but if you look at the plug from the wire side, there is probably 2 GREEN / WHITE wires in the harness.  It will be the wire that is on the "bottom row" not the row closest to the release clip, but the on farther away.  Test to be sure.  But if the supposed tech you had install it, didn't hook it up b/c he couldn't find it I would recommend taking it to another place.
auroraexplorer 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2005 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for the help.  I wanted to buy a factory nav system from a wrecked Denali and install it, but the dealer said it was not possible.  After reading some of these forums, I found out it is possible.  All they have to do is use the Tech 2 and remove the theft code and it hooks right up and operates great.  I'm finding out more and more, that if you want good info, don't go to the dealship to get it.  I bought this Denali new from the same dealership that told me that it couldn't be done.  Now I have too much money invested in this Pioneer to go back now.  I've lost my 6 disc CD changer, my steering wheel controls, and had to buy an after market XM radio.  Boy am I mad.  Don't think the service manager is not going to hear about this!
azdoi 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
Why did you lose your steering wheel contols?  Let me guess the guy said it wasn't possible.  PAC makes interface modules that retain the controls.  SWI-X is a universal adaptor where you will have to mount a small LED to transmit codes that you program with the IR remote.  There is another model SWI-PS that should plug into your head unit directly.  I'm not 100% sure if this one works with your deck, but the universal one definately works.  I think they cost around $65
auroraexplorer 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks.  I'll check those out

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic