icon

Future amp install for Toyota truck

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
morthane 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 5:17 AM / IP Logged  
I am a recent college graduate, and I am looking at purchasing a Toyota truck (Tundra or longbed Tacoma) about 1 year from now once I get a good solid job.
I will soon be purchasing a car audio amplifier - I am considering the purchase of a Memphis (big) Belle. For quick reference, the dimensions of the amplifier are
7.68" x 2.4" x 25.8125"
My question is, will this amplifier fit within the cabin space of either a Tacoma Double Cab Longbed or a Tundra Double Cab? If so, where will it go?
IF I NEEDED TO CHOOSE A DIFFERENT AMP:
If the big belle would not fit, I am inclined to buy two amps, a 4 channel and a mono. I would be considering either Memphis or Swiss Audio. My idea is to buy an amp/amps that will last a lifetime, and to "do it once, do it right".
Nigel Tufnel: What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
-This is Spinal Tap
mrmsudawgs 
Copper - Posts: 145
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
Check out this guy's Toyota Tacoma from a Tacoma user forum. Click here
Mike
2000 F150 Supercab Lariat, Alpine CDA-9831, Polk MMC570 in Doors, One Polk MM2104 Sub, One Polk Carbon C400.4 Amp.
John 3:16
morthane 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
So much for asking Toyota...
"we do not recommend modifying our vehicles from their original factory specifications."
Future amp install for Toyota truck - Last Post -- posted image.
I looked at that website, and while it shows that stuff can be done, I still don't know too much about what size his stuff is - Diamond no longer sells those models. As for custom mounting and all that, I haven't done anything like that, so I don't know what crazy things can be done. I guess my bet option is to head to the dealership with a measuring tape!
Nigel Tufnel: What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
-This is Spinal Tap

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic