icon

Noob Set up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
justincgdick 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2005 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  

I want to get a system for my car but I've never done this before, and don't know what I'm talking about. It has to be cheap, and fairly simple because except for the deck, I'll have to install this myself.

I'm going for sound quality, but I also like loud music, and a sound that will work well for every type of music, but expecially rock, metal.

I have to upgrade in steps, and the car will originally have no stereo system.

I was thinking this-

Pioneer AM/FM detachable CD/MP3 Player (this comes with free pioneer speakers)

I would use this and the speakers to get some sound to hold me over, and the speakers will be installed in the rear panel above the trunk.

Next I was thinking a Pioneer Two - Channel Amp to power the speakers

Next I would get a Pioneer 12" Sub

Whenever I get the money, I would also get a set of component speakers for the front, and a mono amp to power the sub alone.

How's this sound?

soundmasta 
Silver - Posts: 246
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2005 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
get a kicker comp 12. $89 and a great sub. a set of kicker ds series door speakers, anywhere from $49-$99 depending on what size you need. an amp that will push 100 watts rms for the sub (for this go to a reputable shop, and ask for a cheap amp that will actually do 100 watts rms power. you'll probably get a 800 watt lanzar or somting of the sort.) that should run about $89-$120. get an eclipse head unit $179 or a panasonic that is a little less expensive, not that cheap pioneer that comes with speakers. you won't be pleased. with this equipment you'll get good sound for a decent price. not bad sound for just a bit less. i hope you trust me when i say this will be money well spent, and i wont cost much more than the cheapo shhh. any ?'s on where to get it or why i picked what i suggested, jsut let me know. i have reasons, and im glad to share.
boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2005 at 3:03 AM / IP Logged  
I don't know about all the Pioneer gear, but the progression sounds pretty well thought out.  If it were me, I'd probably do the front speakers before the sub, but that's b/c it's more important overall to my ears.  do what works for you best.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic