icon

Cheapest Dynamat or equivalant?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
giff 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
Where is the cheapest place to buy DYnamat (or if there is a cheaper alternative I 'm sure that would be fine too.
carguy411 
Silver - Posts: 683
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  

i heard that you can get the ice and water membrane at home depot. this ist he stuff they use in roofing. has a sticky back and comes in a big roll. i think it was like 50-100 feet or something like that for around 50bucks.

i heard it does the same but never tried it. what you guys think??

AnonymousUser 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  

that'll do it, but it'll fall right off after awhile depending on how you apply it. Go to Wal-Mart, get a spray can of undercoating, cost around 3 bucks a can. One can and a half per door should do it. Spray all inside the door, lip, seams, etc. Just make sure to keep the window rolled up and don't get any on the window tracks/motors and other parts.

That will dampen the sound in a very cheap way, but not as good as Dynamat or any sound dampening material by any brand. Why be so cheap? Do it right and get Dynamat

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
I like a product called brown bread have used it may times and can say it’s just as good as its high-priced competitors at a fraction of the price
http://www.b-quiet.com/brownbread.html
chasesaccessori 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2002 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  
Dynamat, Road Kill, Brown Bread.    Get what you can readily get a hold of.   Just heat everything up super hot before you stick it.  When I do a job I can't feel my finger tips for a week.  Thats how hot you need the steel and matting.
(owner/installer)
Chase's Accessories
Ridgecrest, CA
in business since 92
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2002 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
What ever you do don’t ever use the roofing or air conditioner stuff. It’s a waste of time and money it literally sticks for a day or 2 and then starts to fall off. Like I said before go with the Brown Bread defiantly a very good and cost effective product.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic