icon

mecp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
I do that on occasion. I just wanted to get the general point across that it’s important to have some form of training, but know that not everyone will weight the item at the same value. I’ve been corrected a few times by a few posted. Once by you auex, so I know there is some important to this item.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.mecp? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
firstclassohio 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
I do alot of remote start installs for our local car dealers, when there is an electrical problem with the car, we get blamed for the problem alot less when the wires are taped up like the factory wires as opposed to cable tied neatly in place. I have my installers tape the wires up, after they  have checked to see everything is functioniong properly.  As for all the conversation on whether to tape or not to tape, there are alot more problems with new hires than neatness of install. proper use of relays, correct ohms from amp to subs, not taping rca connectors together, and many others. I still have people come in to apply for a job that don't realize a 2 ohm mono amp can't be correctly installed with a 2ohm dvc sub. these are the so called self proclaimed experts.
under promise and overdeliver
radrayz 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  
A friendly reminder, you don't make yourself look better by making someone else look bad!
radray
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  

touche... i was going to touch on that... it wasnt so much "should i get certified" as it was "look how much better i am that the other guy".......

if you really wanted to know about MECP certification... i have been a professional installer since 1979.... i only recently got myself certfied... only because it adds a degree of legitimacy to our industry...did it make any better of an installer? no        but i do feel there has to be some vehicle in place within our industry to weed out the sloppy, backyard mechanic type of installers and an industry recognized certification program is a good place to start.....  it certainly cant hurt you.....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic