icon

Screen printing speaker cloth

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tkur 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  

Anyone know of a custom screen printer that could screen print a logo on speaker cloth for my sub?

Thanks!

Crispix396 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
any tshirt place can do it...  just find a cheap place int he phone book...  its gonna be about 20 bux for the screen, and expect 10-20 bux for their time.
nothing amazing yet, but its coming
91silvy 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  

My aunt owns a screen printing shop that I used to work at for a few months.  If you're only going to need one or two logos then you would probably be better off going to an actual printing place that does invitations and such.  They can often make iron-ons that would cost you considerably less.

Crispix396 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
not arguing with you, but i guess you havent worked at an 'invitation shop'.. they are totally different types of printing, and even if you got an 'iron on' it leaves a messy glue substance everywhere that the colors arent. You cant really print 'white'. most offset printing places deal with thermal inks, ones that are stamped onto the invitations hot and dry hard. there isnt much to do from there. If you want cheap, cut the logo out of poster board and spray paint it onto the cloth. If you want what lasts, spend the 30 bux and get it done right, plus you will ahve a lot of color options including metallics, HD (high density)inks, uv reactive, etc.
91silvy 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  
Well I know screenprinting is the better way to go, I was just offering a cheaper alternative.  If I were to do it, I would also go to a screenprinting shop, seeing as they can do damn near anything to a ton of different fabrics.  Do you think it possible to embroider speaker cloth or would it be too thin?  An embroided logo would look tons better than a screenprinted one ever could IMO.
Crispix396 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
you can embroider it, but you would have to put a backing material on the back to hold the stitches you could get black to match the grille cloth...   expect it to still be about 40 bux...  there is a lot of setup in these, and no company (unless its family) really likes 1 off jobs..
91silvy 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
Well my aunt does embroidery too, it was just a random thought.  I asked my bro today (he's worked there for about 6 years) and he said they'd have to use a backing material if they were to do it, but they would not do it for a customer because the material is so weak.
Crispix396 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
really, my cheap suggestion is to go to a vinyl shop and get a reverse sticker made. (reverse meaning vinyl where you DONT want the sticker to be) and stick that to the grille and then spray paint it. if you follow in the ways of screen printing, shoot it with white first, allow it to dry, and then shoot it with what ever color you want it to be. if you shoot a color right over black cloth the color wont be that bright or you will ahve to put so much on it to make it show up good. so just shoot white and then the color and it will stand out nicely.
fr33w0rld 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
i'd like to see a pic of it when your done
HU Alpine CDA-9855 Amp MA Audio 802sx 4,400 RMS 1 ohm Sub 18" MA Audio RMS 5,000 @ 1.5 ohm Ported Box Car 99 civic Si

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic