icon

Cars you won’t do

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
adrianspeeder 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
Thats not cool at all, but a good story though.
Adrianspeeder
'02 F250 PSD, '97 F-150, '71 F-100, '66 F-250, '93, '92, '88, '84 Broncos
Penn State electrical engineerin' major
steeltoe 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2005 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
Been a while since I was an installer, but I used to hate old Saabs and any car with chicken bones in the floorboards.
cabsat 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2005 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

Saab 95 one of the worst cars that we wont work on. takes over 1 hour to take apart. A typical remote install takes 4 hours

youngblood 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  

Jaguar, most any year.  I loathe their elecrical systems with the intensity of a thousand white hot suns.  I remember long long ago when installed cellular phones were typical, I had a jaguar do some very crazy things after I got done.  Eight hours of troubleshooting later I couldn't find a thing wrong with the install and chalked it up to goblins.  Ten hours of my life went into that car, and I will never do another.

dfiddy 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
lmao goblins...that's gold, I'm gonna use that one youngblood. :)
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  

i agree with the jag issues...i had one, can't remember the year..one of the first years in canada i guess (accordring to the owner, beleive was somethng like 86) the cd install wasn't bad...it was running the power wire for the amp he wanted...had to weave it in and out of the frame where the rest of the wiring went...might of been better if it wasn't my first install at that job...

i also agree with the smelly cars..i had one 96 cavalier, i had to roll down the windows and pretty much hang my head out  the window no to toss my lunch...it smelled like spoiled milk with a lil tossed lunch and a little dirty diaper thrown in for a wonderful smell.....3 hours later when i got home my g/f even smelt it... Cars you won’t do - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.

Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 2:02 AM / IP Logged  
aren't those old Jags positive ground?
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
richinstaller 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
This doesn't really apply to this topic, but wanted to share it.  I installed a Viper 350 ESP alarm in a 1990 Lincoln Continental yesterday.  The alarm doubled the value of the vehicle, here is why.  The paint job was custom on this vehicle.  Somewhere around here there is a place that does paint jobs by Dutch Boy.  This vehicle had exterior house paint brushed on it.  I guess they thought a paint roller wouldn't get the job done.  Everyone in the shop had a good laugh when I pulled that on in.
Rich
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic