icon

Audiovox 996A in Hummer H2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikeinfl 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  

HI -- I read your forums and took your advice of having a professsional install an alarm/ remote start.

I talked to several people in my area and chose the Audiovox 996A and had it installed this week.  I see a couple of annoying problems and I need to know if I have to "live with them" or can I get the installer to fix them.  He was on the phone with audiovox for an hour and they told him everything is working fine.

installed on a 2004 Hummer H2 - Audiovox 996A with DEI 457gw

my 2 issues:

1. If I open the door with the alarm - but do not use the autostart feature -- the GM "alarm check" light on the dash illuminates and does not go off.  Can this be fixed?

2. When I unlock the doors - all doors unlock -- not the two step process -- where the drivers door unlocks and a second push unlocks all doors?  -- same question -- Can this be fixed?

thanks for your help -- you guys are the experts  -- Mike

03taurus 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  

Read page #5 on your owners manual.  There is an optional relay that must be installed to do this. 

http://www.audiovox.com/manuals/installation/APS-996A%201286772.pdf

BTW, I was pretty much sold on the DEI 2-way alarms, but that looks like a very nice comparison.  What made you choise that over DEI?  I am just trying to see the differences of what you found out.  I will be having one installed very shorty.  I want to install it myself, but I would like to have the peace of mind of lifetime warrenty aswell. 

mikeinfl 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2005 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  

03taurus -- Thanks for the response -- I read that in the manual also, but my installer said he talked to Audiovox and they said it was caused by the DEI module. You do bring up a good point with this "additional circuit" -- I will ask .

I looked at DEI first - but as I talked to Security shops and did internet research, they said that DEI was not any better than otheres.  In the end I found three installers in my area - one installed DEI, one for Autopage and the one I liked the best installed this Audiovox.

There are lots to choos from -- good luck

OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2005 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
i use the Bypasskits module which allows for driver door priority. I have not used the DEI version of it, but it sounds like the module may not allow for that feature (don't know why it wouldn't though)
GMDL-BP - GM Doorlock Alarm & Transponder/Passlock Interface
Data Bus Doorlock Alarm & GM Passkey/Passlock Interface: Lock/Unlock, Driver's Priority Unlock, Trunk/Hatch, OEM Security Arm/Disarm, Door trigger Output (-) & Override the 2nd /3rd generation GM Passkey3 Transponder Immobilizer & Passlock 2 Immobilizer via data bus.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2005 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
DEI took away priority unlocking with the 457G. If your installer would have used a 456G and a 555L you could have priority unlock. The 456G has either been discontinued...or will be once DEI runs out of them.
mikeinfl 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2005 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the responses -- It is one more thing to look for -- next time

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic