icon

whatching video while moving with AVIC-N2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Hurricaneduke 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
thanks algutkin....so i dont need to ground parking brake when using camera input?
algutkin 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  

Huricaneduke:

I would ground the parking brake no matter which method is used. I have not experimented with disconnecting the parking brake from the ground because this wire is in the harness from the display unit. Once the wiring is done in the dash and the harness is tied up with tie wraps, I don't like to mess with it, causes squeeks and rattles. When running the wires in the dash it's just so easy to tie all the black ground wires together along with the parking brake wire, so, I do it no matter what. There are so many wires that have to be connected to the dash display unit, we don't want to make work later once the dash is put back together.

Talking about dash wires, Crutchfiel sells custom radio wiring harnesses for almost every car and truck. This enables you to remove the factory radio, including attached factory harness, just in case you want to re-install the factory radio. You wire the Crutchfiel harness to the Avic harness on your work bench, then, plug it into the factory connector which is left in the vehicle. Saves you the trouble of crimping wires together while hanging upside down and reaching in tight places. Once you get the wires in, and the unit working, it's time to button things up, never to be disturbed again. It's bad enough that you have all kinds of wires running from the hideaway unit, TV tuner and CD changer under the carpet. Almost makes you want to pay the guy the $100 bucks to have him install the stuff.

oz_avic_n2 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2005 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
Go with the R 197 bypass. I had the three switches and the video fed through the rear camera input. What a pain to mess with. Instead simply do the R 197 bypass and never worry about it again.
2004 Ford Excursion 6.0L Turbo Diesel
AVIC-N2 (bypassed)
Las Vegas NV
702 203 1606
albertwoods 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2005 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  
also if you go through the camera input, there will be no sound.  if you want soung, you have to run RCA's to the A/V in on the brain and switch the source to A/V.  but like everyone says, do the r-197 bypass.  it only takes about 15 minutes.  It is way easier than you think.  you'll thank us in the long run.
2002 jeep liberty 3.7l
avic-n2 completely bypassed (no switches, just solder), gex-p10xmt, cd-vc1 voice rec., nd-bc1 rear view camera, cd-r5 remote
colin_stienke 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2006 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  

All AVIC-N2 OWNERS I FOUND AN MOD FOR THE N2 GOING TO SOUND WERD THO.IF U CHANGE THE BRAIN FROM THE N2 BRAIN TOO THE N1 BRAIN.THE N2 THINKS THE PARKING BREAK IS ON.IT SOME TIMES THING ITS STILL NOT CONECTED.bUTT U CAN DRIVE AN BIT WILE IT PLAYES THEN U MIGHT GET THE PARKING BREAK WARNING THEN IT GOES OFF THEN IT GOES BACK TOO PLAYING THE MOVE.iTS AN HAFE ASS WHY TOO DO IT BUTT WORKS.I ALSO GROUNDED THE PARKING BREAK THE LIGHT GREEN WIRE.I HAD AN OLD N1 IT WAS STOLLEN STILL HAVE THE BRAINS

hiiep[e djgkjhfdg
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic