icon

Getting rid of the rattles

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bewaffnet 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
I have an 04 Civic with a couple of 12s in the trunk, as of yesterday. I was very surprised when I heard so much rattling in the trunk. I think most of it is coming from the trunk rods. Does anyone have any tips to get rid of all this noise? This is probably a commonly asked question but I am new to this genre.
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
dynamat, spray dynamat and clear caulk . also you can get the cheep spray on stuff from walmart . it's getting harder with newer vehicles to stop the rattles
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
Wherm 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
In my Accord, I used adhesive velcro. I wraped a short piece of the soft velcro around the area where the two rods intersect. Of course you'll have to do it with the trunk lid down, so you apply it to the correct spot.
If you ever have problems with rattling inside your car from the plastic trim panels, a great way to get rid of that is to remove the panels that rattle, and line the back side of them with foam padding. You can get thin foam padding from a craft store. It works great on rear decks!
bewaffnet 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2005 at 6:27 AM / IP Logged  
So I take it that the vibration is from the rods clanging together...That is what sounds like my largest source of noise is. I used some double sided foam tape to quiet the license plate bracket, worked just fine. I will try the velcro on the rods, I think I have some around here somewhere.
Bigsingh 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2005 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  
talking about any car, i have started to look at the contact points of handle mechanisms so where contacts have millitmetre diference i bend one point to keep firmn contact. if there is larger space betwwen contacts then i leave it. also dynamat is expensive, beleive it or not, i have used Flashing tape, yep the stuff builders use on roof tops, just take a look at the ingredients-: bitumen backing with a alluminium foil ontop, exactly the same as many rattle proofings, it worked fine for me and its dead cheap
6* Rockford T2's
6* POWER AMPs
BLACK CORRADO
BAANNGGIINN

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic