icon

05 altima radio kit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2005 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
Does any manufacturers sell a double din installation kit for a 2005 altima? All I've seen is a kit with a single din and a pocket. I need a kit that will allow me to install two din units.
CCroadshoptn 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2005 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  

Just cut it.

Mecp Certified
Double check advice with your Meter.
CutDog504 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2005 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
cut it????
Autoobsession 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2005 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  
For that car you dont need a kit. All u need are the factory radio brackets which you can screw the new head unit into. It will fit perfectly.
CutDog504 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
No it doesnt fit perfectly. The hole is bigger, and the dash has a slight contour to it, the stock radio also has this contour to match up with the dash.
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 2:30 PM / IP Logged  
I haven't seen one for it but i have made one out of a single din kit. I just cut it and epoxied the extra plastic peaces to fill any holes then some bondo with fiber glass. Made sure the radio fit. Then i just sand, primed then panted. Took me a night and i think my final cost was like 50 bucks.
hijack784 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
hi, this maybe off topic, but i have the stock nonbose system in my 05 altima. i was wondering, if i was able to get my hands on the bose system, is it a simple swap? are the connectors in the back the same? if not, would there be a lot of work to get the wiring correct for the additional 2 speakers that bose offers?

i would like to upgrade the audio, starting with the system, but the only thing that fits nicely in my opinion is a dvd navi kit, which would cost a lot, or the bose factory radio.  afterwards, then i can add a sub + more speakers?

also, other than the 6 cd changer, is there a different in audio quality between bose and the nonbose, whatever is it?

sorry if i am being a noob

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic