icon

CNDV 40 MT vs CDNV 50 MT vs CNDV 50MTP

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lungta 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2005 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  

Hey, i just bought a Pioneer AVIC-9DVD with a touchscreen AVD-W6210. I wanted to get dvd upgrade CNDV-50MT but somes places say it will not work with the touchscreen and that i need to get the CNDV-50MTP ?? I am pretty sure the CNDV-40MT works with the touchscreen, does v 1.2 of the 40mt has lock feature for the dvd or is it only the v1.2 for the 50mt ???

Thanks

lungta 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2005 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
anybody ???
whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  

First, there is no lockout because you have a stand alone navigation system.  Second, either the 40 or the 50 will work in your unit but the 50 would give you the newest mapping.  As for the 50MT or MTP, I have never seen one that says MTP on it, they all just say MT but Pioneer uses MTP on their website.  I had an avic80dvd and took the disk directly out of an n2 box (MT) and put it in mine and it worked great so you should be able to do the same

lungta wrote:

Hey, i just bought a Pioneer AVIC-9DVD with a touchscreen AVD-W6210. I wanted to get dvd upgrade CNDV-50MT but somes places say it will not work with the touchscreen and that i need to get the CNDV-50MTP ?? I am pretty sure the CNDV-40MT works with the touchscreen, does v 1.2 of the 40mt has lock feature for the dvd or is it only the v1.2 for the 50mt ???

Thanks

Cali_pilot 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 4:27 AM / IP Logged  
If you need the CDNV-40MT discs, I've got two sets that I'm trying to get rid of.  They are brand new still in their original wrapping.
2011 Ford F-150 Super-Crew FX4
HU: Pioneer AVIC-Z1
Fronts: Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
Rears: Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
Amp: Profile AP1040
Sub: Pioneer TS-SWX251
lungta 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  

whtcrxghst, i sent an email to pioneer tech services and they told the 50MTP was for touchscreen monitor and the 50MT was for non touchscreen. So if i get the 50, they wont be any software lockout to watch dvd and input the navi while driving ??

Cali_pilot, i assume you have v1.2 right ? I only need the East DVD. How much you want for it ???

Thanks

metaverse 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
CNDV-50MT is European. CNDV-50MTP is US/Canada. CNDV-40 and CNDV-50 are all touchscreen based
The latest CNDV-50MTP seems to have the best maps from what I have personally experienced.. I just did a cross country 7k mile trip and it was very accurate.. I would get the CNDV-50mtp if I can..
lungta 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2005 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  

On ebay, i saw a CNDV-50MT for the East Coast that said that the 50MT will not work with the AVIC-9DVD and that it will not update the unit. And then some others say it will. I am confused as hell.

Metaverse what unit/monitor do you have. I keep saying on ebay pictures of discs where it says CNDV-50MT for the East coast and not Europe ????

whtcrxghst 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 2:29 AM / IP Logged  

Whoever you talked to is an idiot.  ALL the 50 series disks are touchscreen only.  The non-touchscreen one they probably were referring to is the CNDV40R (the R refers to Remote) meaning you would need this disk if your monitor was not touchscreen.  There are NO disks that actually say MTP on them.  The P is probably just a letter that pioneer uses (like P=package, or something to that effect, meaning it comes with east and west CNDV50MTs)  Even if you look at pioneers site for the disks, http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_238821110_236658268,00.html, then click on the picture to see a larger view, there is no P on the disks.  The 50s will be fine in yours just like they were in my AVIC80. 

lungta wrote:

whtcrxghst, i sent an email to pioneer tech services and they told the 50MTP was for touchscreen monitor and the 50MT was for non touchscreen. So if i get the 50, they wont be any software lockout to watch dvd and input the navi while driving ??

Cali_pilot, i assume you have v1.2 right ? I only need the East DVD. How much you want for it ???

Thanks

lungta 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2005 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  

whtcrxghst,

thanks for your help. So i will still be able to watch dvd's while driving with the 50 right. I want to make sure it works because i dont want to have to send it in to Pioneer to downgrade it to the 40MT ?

njmz823 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  

Cali_pilot,

Just saw your message indicating you had discs for sale.  Still have them??

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic