Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
giff 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2002 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  

Dodge Ram Extended Cab

1. Pioneer deh-p77 HU

2. 4 Pioneer TS-6995 6X9's (2 in front  doors, 2 in rear )

3. 3 Pioneer GMX-962 amps (1 for front, 1 for rear, 1 mono for sub)

4. MTX thunder form amp box with 2 10's

5. Pioneer GEX-900 XM radio receiver and Pioneer XM radio antennae

Yes, I like Pioneer (I wont buy anything else, I have Pioneer home components, pioneer TV, DVD, etc always been pleased with overall quality of Pioneer audio/video products)This is my first  REAL car stereo system, nothing is installed yet (waiting for UPS to deliver the sub and new carpet- might as well put new carpet in since I gotta take it out to nstall all this crap...)

I'm over budget already, but how much difference will it make if I DONT put in this "Dynomat" stuff??

chasesaccessori 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2002 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  

"crap...)    stuff?? "    hummmm.

It can't sound worse!!!!

Lets be real for a miniute.   The more time you spend quieting everything down the better it will sound.  4 years ago I traded my black 97 dodge ram extended cab show truck in.  I striped everything out befor I did, but the point I am trying for here is that I used to own one.  Use Dynomat or any other sound mat material is handy to you, also use spray foam in all the cracks and big holes.  Make sure you do not fill the cab venting closed.  Don't forget to pull the headliner down and do a layer of mat across the roof.

When your all done your truck will sound like a caddy when you shut the doors, your system will sound tons better than if you had not done it, and your truck will be quieter from the outside, whick with todays noise laws going into effect will be better for you.

P.S.  I still have my 17' boyds and tires.  If you want them e-mail me and I'll send you pics.  I think I even still have my Street Scene power mirrors. 

I hope you enjoy your truck,  I sure miss mine.  I had it on full air with a ton of mods.  Funny what you get rid of when you get married.....

(owner/installer)
Chase's Accessories
Ridgecrest, CA
in business since 92
kcirdnek 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2002 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not gonna lie, I love Pioneer too. I have the AVX-P7300DVD radio, AVM-P9000R brain, GEX-P7000TV t.v. tuner, AN-G3 antennas, DEQ-9200 digital processor, 2 TS-A6995 6x9, and 2 TS-E1695 6.5. But, enough about me, this is about you. If you want a Pioneer amp, I would go with the PRS-X720 and for 6x9's, I would go with the REV Speakers TS-D690R. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic