icon

Viper 791install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
03taurus 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2005 at 8:42 AM / IP Logged  

I am in the middle of installing this alarm and I can not get the unlock to operate at all.  I would like the progressive door unlock that the factory alarm did.  The doors lock fine with the viper. 

I did not hook up any wires to the door lock motors at all.  I only used the power lock and power unlock wires.  I don't know what to hook the motor wires to.  Also, the door trigger wires don't work. 

Another issue, is the puddle lamps on the mirrors don't turn on with disarming as well as the headlight and parking lights don't stay on like they did with the factroy disarming.  I have automatic headlights on this car from the factory. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And thanks to everyone who worked so hard to get this running again in record time and stay safe. 

03taurus 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2005 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  

The manual says nothing about unlock motor and lock motor, it only says about the power lock and power unlock.  Am I missing something here?  The power lock and power unlock are (-), and the unlock motor and lock motor are (+). 

03taurus 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2005 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I finally got the the lock and unlock to work correctly, by using diodes.  I hooked the unlock to the 2nd. unlock channel so I can have progresive unlocking.  Now I just need to find the single wire for the drivers door for the first unlock.  Also, no luck yet on the light sitution either.  Is there anyone here that has done progresive unlocking on a 2003 Taurus or am I a rare breed?
ccroadshop99031 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2005 at 4:02 AM / IP Logged  

if you cant find it you can 5 wire the drivers door motor  and use that to the first unlock output  then the rest of the doors to the 2nd unlock

03taurus 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2005 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  

How do you five wire a door?

Also, the only wires I find that work with the door trigger, only work with the ignition in the on position.

blazeronspokes 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  
the easiest way is going to be with a 451m doorlock module. the instructions inside the package should show you the basic 5 wire hook up, you just need to go to directechs and find the colors for the lock motor.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
|     UNLOCK MOTOR|RED / white           | 5wi |top plug of fusebox       
FORD, TAURUS, 2003, Door Trigger
This wire controls the door ajar indicator on the dash, must cut the wire and diode isolate it from the instrument cluster. Can also use individual negative door trigger wires in the 26 pin plug at the GEM. They are: yellow/black (LF), gray/red (RF), lt. GREEN/ YELLOW (LR), and pink/lt. blue (RR).
| DOME SUPERVISION|BLACK/ lt. blue      |+ |top plug of fusebox       
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic