icon

Audi TT Trunk Box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JeremyJustSaid 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2005 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
Thats stuff is my bad ass Snow Blower...
mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2005 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
Looking great!!! you did a hell of a job especially for your first time. MAYBE...just maybe (all a matter of personal taste) but did you try to buff the clear out a little more to provide a higher shine? Just a suggestion; still looks absolutely beautiful. How many layers of weave did you end up using? I read a post on here a little while ago that suggested using weave for the last few layers just to smooth out the surface a little to minimize sanding time. Would you say the same thing? I never tried it but after seeing yours in the final layer I'm thinking I might just go for it.
JeremyJustSaid 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2005 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
Audi TT Trunk Box - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
I just put clear coat on it, and buffed it. This is how she came out. You can see it has an ok shine, but i think i need to add 3-4 more layers.
I ended up useing 4 Layers, all with the weave. The sanding wasnt bad at all, i had a 6" soft disc sander on a electric drill. I did that with 9- git, moved up to 400 (i think), then 800. It took me about 4 hours to sand it smooth.
defsquad 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
AWESOME job indeed. I can't wait to see it installed. I'm working on the second attempt at a FG enclosure for my Infinity 12 in my nissan maxima. I don't intend on painting it, but I hope the process the whole way is as smooth as yours looks to have been.
Good job and thanks for showing your work off. It made work today a little more enjoyable :)
toolinmaine 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
HAHA auex, you must be a southerner.. up here in Maine there are four of those in every driveway.. only 1 in 9 driveways work too.. the rest have FREE spraypainted on a cardboard sign.
eric anderson-nosredna cire
smurfey002 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  

toolinmaine wrote:
HAHA auex, you must be a southerner.. up here in Maine there are four of those in every driveway.. only 1 in 9 driveways work too.. the rest have FREE spraypainted on a cardboard sign.

haha, i have never seen something like that. at first i thought it was a robot that he made or something. haha. this may be stupid and of f topic, but why are they spraypainted free? and yes, im from alamaba, so i dont know about snow and stuff.

liquidx9 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
He won't any usable trunk space once the enclosure is installed, right? Or he'll at least have some in front , back, and on either side. I built something like that for my last car and never installed it since it just didn't look right once in the trunk. it will sell on Ebay if he comes to the same conclusion I did.
///Alpine/MB Quart/Image Dynamics/Soundstream/Stinger
toolinmaine 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
smurfey002 wrote:

toolinmaine wrote:

haha, i have never seen something like that. at first i thought it was a robot that he made or something. haha. this may be stupid and of f topic, but why are they spraypainted free? and yes, im from alamaba, so i dont know about snow and stuff.

\

Well smurfy free is spraypainted on a cardboard peice because people need to get rid of junk somehow w/ out paying to. and theres alwasys some idiot dumb enough to take it.

toolinmaine 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  

O yeah And snow is the best substance known to man. It is what we use for skiing snowsledding and snowball fights. as well as keeping our deer meat cold in the tree

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic