Noise when I step on brakes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2005 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

Hello

Well I have a 96 monte carlo and I am running a p5002 with a 2.0 farad cap to 2 10" Ma subs with a neon light in the box. All of the speakers are factory and the HU is a kenwood kdc-4022. I had this set up for about three months and I never had a problem with it until now. When I step on the brake pedal there is a very short "tick" noise in the fron speakers and it also makes the same noise when I release the pedal. Also when I step on the brakes my dome light dimms ( I noticed this when I was checking thew noise). The noise seems to come up only when I have the amp on. It does not matter what volume the stereo is on, the volume of the noise is always the same. Now, When i first install the stereo (three months ago), there was no noise at all, so I am guessing my grounds are ok. Is ther a possible way that my grounds are gone bad? The ground for the cap, amp and neon light are in the same spot. Can this be a problem? The neon light is turnes on by the remote wire that goes from the HU to the amp and then to the neon light, can this cause that? I am clueless. Please help.

Thank you.

hoaxs 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2005 at 6:54 AM / IP Logged  
IT does seem that somehting has gotten lose.  so when every you brake somethink goes loose are wiggles.  check all your ground, conections and double check your power cable  make sure you ran though a gromet.  if not check you brakes they might be going bad,   this a wierd sitdtuion
Hurry get me a steel hanger, elec tape, zip ties, a monkey and a snorgle. trust me i've ran wires with less
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2005 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
Check all your grounds. Ground of the amp, ground of the battery check it all and measure them with a meter.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2005 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  

I need to disconect my battery to check the ohms with the meter right?

jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2005 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
So it's most likely to be a ground problem than a faulty amp or HU?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic