icon

viper problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jagyro 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
ok well i just had a dealer put in a viper 791xv and the first time they did it, I had a start problem where when i turned the key it wouldnt start the first time, But on the second try it would. It was as if the car's starter would just give out. They disconnected the alarm and walla it started working as advertised. Well they took about 1 day to fix it well i thought it was fixed. A week after that happend. I went out to my car and it did the same thing. I locked it using my doors instead because i was on base and it is just too sensative at the moment, and about an hour of driving around "waiting for them to open." i stoped at the're shop and turned off the car and tried again. The stupid thing started right up....wierd... After a bit of trying to duplicate it. I figured a way to do it. I started the car about 5-6 times or so and on the 7th it would'nt want to turn over(same problem). Anyone have any ideas?!?
i really need a reply on this as soon as posible, please help me out here.
99 z28
jagyro 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
It has to be the install, because as soon as they pulled the ignition part of the alarm out.  The car works, fine.  I have a 1999 z28 camaro
99 z28
jagyro 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
I can try but the thing is, it happend at work thats y i did the 6-7 turn thing.  It duplicated while i was at work.  Didnt have to turn the key 6-7 times.  I took about 10 trys to get the thing started.  After i drove around a bit it didnt duplicate.
99 z28
jagyro 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  

that probably made no sence but this is what happend 2 days ago.

i got off work "this is after they "fixed" it" I went to start my car and it wouldnt turn over, it started to but it would kick off as if the power to the starter got interupted.  It took about 10 trys before i got the thing to start.  After i got it started i went strate over to there shop and it wouldnt duplicate.  outher then me trying to start it 5-6 times

99 z28
accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like your started is taking a shhh.. i have a question when u try to crank it does u here something like a loud "clicking noise" is so it has to be the starter some starters have a solenoid that kicks out the starter to engage to the flywheel they go bad or lock up and that causes it to do that also there are bushing in there that can wear away making it hard for it to get energized and during time that goes bad try changing your started maybe it's about time to change... my 2 cents
jagyro 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  
its not the starter
99 z28
jagyro 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
oh new issue.  Well i think i may know whats going on.  Well my car came with a standard alarm system installed. and after i came out to start my car after the bar it didnt want to start up at all(nothing happend when i tunerd the key as in no starter kick in).  After i finaly got it started the security light stayed on.  I turned my car off again and it still stayed on.  Im thinking that the two alarms are fighting eachother.  what do you think.?
99 z28
jagyro 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
Oh they also pulled a modual out XCRS extreme capacity relay satelite 500M, im not sure what it is.  Does anyone know?  Well ive been looking around for disableing my alarm and i keep seeing i need a alarm bypass because of something with the alarm.  Any ideas.
99 z28
jagyro 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
something with the factory alarm passkey or lock key or something
99 z28

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic