icon

2001 Mitsubishi Ecliple Immobilizer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2005 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  

I know this is not the way to do it, but my friend just bought a 2001 Eclipse, and it only had 1 key.  We took the transponder out of the key and taped it to the ring.  I KNOW, I KNOW, PLEASE DON'T SPAM ME TO DEATH!!  The problem is that somethimes when he tries to start the car it wont work.  He can reach under the dash and wiggle the ring with the transponder in it and it will start.  I have done this before on a Ford and everything worked great afterwards.  It also seems that if the ring is by any metal it won't work.  We just zip tied it to some factory wires under the dash to secure it.  Please advise on what to do.

BTW:  I have advised him to buy another coded key on Ebay for $14.99, but the closest Mit. dealer is about 2 hours away, and that is inconvienent to him because he works and it is hard to get away.  Does anyone know how to program a new key to the car?  Do I need some scan tool, or is it as easy as Fords??

Any suggestions on why somethimes the transponder is not reading.  I have it taped really tight and secured the ring under the dash. Anyone used the PKF-MIT keyless transponder bypass from Crimestopper or Bypasskits.com.  Thanks.

davedyer79
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 21, 2005 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
If you only had 1 KEY and you taped the transponder to the RING?? I assume you are talking about the ByPass Ring???
You have to turn ON the ByPass now, whenever you Start the Car with or without the Key
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2005 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  

No, I never had a bypass.  We took the factory transponder out of the factory key and taped it to the ignition ring, so it permantley disables the immobilizer system.  The factory key does not have a transponder in it, so any key made anywhere will work.( I have been told to do this to Fords by techs from DEI and Crimestopper) 

Like I said, I have done this before in some Fords.  Take the ring off the ignition, place the key or the transponder alone in a certain spot on the ring, test start, and attach the key or transponder directly to the ring.  This particular car seems like sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

davedyer79

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic