icon

2 Brutus amps?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
southernshock 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  

Alright guys i have 2 13.5 Jl W7 subs and want to push them to hit to there potential......... well ive got 2 Hifonics Brutus 1500 watt 1 channel amps and im needing a lil help clearin some stuff up is a 1 channel the same as a mono because ive heard they are diff and i dotn see why they would be if they are explain please lol and if i do go with both of these im going to run both of them to the same battery and ive heard thats not a good idea???? what should i do to make these 2 amps the BEST possible? thanks guys

Take It Easy ~ Cullen

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
Sentences.  They make understanding what the heck you are trying to ask much easier.  Learn to use them.
Support the12volt.com
southernshock 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
i reckon yall aint from texas haha sry bout taht all i wanna know is how i should wire 2 1500 watt hifonics 1 channel amps to 2 13.5 W7's and were i should hook them up for power
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
You might need to upgrade your alternator. As far as hooking to the same battery, why not? You shouldn't need but one battery with those amps.
'85 Toy
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
I reckon you need to upgrade your English haha... sentences are crucial... Anyways, you might need an alt upgrade or multiple batteries. Run 1 amp per sub, and wire your subs to the 1.5 ohm load (DVC3). You'll get plenty of power.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2005 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
If you run one amp per sub you could NOT get a 1.5 ohm load. JL 13.5" W7s have dual 1.5 ohm coils so you would either get a 3 ohm load or a .75 ohm load. I'm really getting tired of correcting you. "U"
gcorrea 
Silver - Posts: 436
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged  
hey, whats up with that,  im from el paso tx dont give us a bad grammar image.lol.
gcorrea
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
Connect each 13W7 as a 3-ohm load (VCs in series) to each Brutus.  It'll produce around 750 watts RMS into that load.  It'll be fine.  Trust me.  2 Brutus amps? - Last Post -- posted image.
Support the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic