icon

new install looking for tips

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Stripes26051 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2005 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  

Okay i dont know if you guys remember im the guy who put the 3 amps and the 4 subs in a 94 camry sedan well its all ripped out and were going with sumthing new

1 13.5JL W7

1 MA 4000w not sure of model number

what is your input i have 2 gauge run to the back i was thinking of going to 0 but the amp only has a 4 gauge input so i figured it should work out im lost on the box i have one laying around thats made for 2 13.5's and i only have one so god only knows. i am assuming i need to upgrade some electrical components battery, alternator. Should i use a cap i have one laying around. whats some good sound deadener any input would be good thanks in advance

89 honda crx 1 15" Power HX2 jblbp1200.1 rockford coaxials 4 channel comin soon
customcarchris 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2005 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
If you have the money a better battery is never bad. Use the cap if you think it will look "cool".
I don't know about the wattage you're running so I couldn't say on the alternator, someone else will know better.
Sound deadener is a yes, for any car. It makes the car quieter and keeps the heat/cold in and out better.
2 gauge should be sufficient for you and I would probably buy or make a new box that fits the sub better.
ragoal12 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2005 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
well upgrading to the 13.5 w7 is gonna be great.. but ur going to be puting some dirty power to it with that MA 4000... thats more of an spl amp but it'll work... a friend just got is 13.5 w7 installed and he has a box tahts about 6.5 cubes and he has a 1000/1 and there is plenty of bass for street beating.. ur gonna need at least a couple extra batteries for that amp.. i wouldn't recommend a cap... lots of sound deadner cause everything in ur car is gonna rattle with that much power to that w7
S.O.B custsoms.. South Omaha, Nebraska
Stripes26051 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2005 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
well i am more or less going for the spl i mean yea i want quality but i also wanna shake houses as i drive by  im just wondering about how im gonna work it out do you think the w7 can handle the well say 2000 rms the amp will put out, i was looking around on the net and was thinking about making a duplicate of one of jl's boxes i figured they kno what there doing I'll probably get started tomarrow i post pics and stuff when im done (btw you have to see this amp it is huge)
89 honda crx 1 15" Power HX2 jblbp1200.1 rockford coaxials 4 channel comin soon
hsali 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2005 at 2:47 AM / IP Logged  
"i want quality but i also wanna shake houses as i drive by"??
ha??
what the hell man that gives audio installers a bad name. You're actually spending money and time to annoy people? maybe you and me think its cool but 99% of people just think "what a jerk". What will you be playing? ha? 50 Cent?
you remind me of someone who once asked me "how can I make the bass sound louder outside the car". idiot.
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2005 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  
1st upgrade your alt. 200amps should due. 2nd get a good batt. It does not have to be a fancey batt just a good one. I like Duralast gold. 800cca and 3 year replacement. I run 2 of those, trouble free so far. 3rd if you think that maybe you might want to have a 4 ch amp for your mids and highs go ahead and get 1/0 awg power wire, and ground now then u will be ready to ad any thing you want later. As far as a cap goes I run a battcap. It's a 400amp batt and 6 farad cap all in one. do I need it? not really, but it does look cool. Thats why I have it. If you want a cap run one it will not hurt, BUT make sure that you upgrade that alt thats the heart and soul of your elc system. 4th Build a box for that sub. go to JL's web site and get the specs for a sealed or ported box. use 2 layers of 3/4 inch mdf.  make a well built box. don't just throw something together. the box is what will make or break your set up. 4th spray on truck bed liner works pretty good. and it comes in colors too. other wise brown bread or dynamate the crap out of your trunk. do the rest of your car too if you got the time and money. 5th Good luck and let us know how it all works out.new install looking for tips - Last Post -- posted image.
Big Dave

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic