icon

amp shuts off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tattooedpratt 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2005 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  

i have a pioneer GM 6100 and sometimes it will shut off and come right back on . it will do it before it even gets hot,i put a cap on the amp thinking that might fix it but it didnt, it does only seem to do it at high volume , i dont think i am clipping the amp,and the amp is only runing 4 6 by 8 , i looked for any speaker wires that might be grounding but all of it looks ok...anyone got  a clue as to whats going on with this ??????

tattooedpratt
jc18750 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2005 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
what gauge power wire? How long is your ground cable? is the gain turned all the way up? are your 6X8's cheapo's that can only handle 10 watts or did you buy an off brand that was rated at 1000 watts each. Did you buy descent 6X8's? How many RMS watts is the amp? we need a little more info, but all of those could contribute to your problem.
tattooedpratt 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2005 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  
It is not top of the line stuff the 6 by 9  are pioneer 3-ways that are to be rated at 60 watts RMS and peak at 220 the amp is a pioneer  GM6100-F and it is rated at 60by4 at 4ohm...Ihave 4 gauge power wire and it is only about 10 ft long......... the ground is 4 gauge and about 6in long and this all has a 2 fared cap........the gains are set about at 12 oclock half way......
tattooedpratt

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic