icon

92 Accord Glow Lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fperezal 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
This lights came with a ON/OFF switch, 12V and ground connections.  I will supply power from factory lights and ground from a nearby grnd. source, but any suggestion to have them come ON without the need of and ON/OFF switch? It looks the on/off switch in just a trigger, similar to your PC power button to Motherboard relationship. How can I make a non-voltage trigger 12V driven?  Right now, the moment you recicle power, you must trigger the power via ON/OFF switch....
blazeronspokes 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
hook the power wire up to ignitin power(or parking lights if thats when you want them to come on) and ground the ground wire.
fperezal 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  
Mr. blazeronspokes: Are you kidding me? Did you read this post? The question is not where to hook up the power source wire.....you need to pay attention...! The question is, how to create a trigger source to connect to where the ON/OFF swicth its supposed to connect to, so it trigger the gauges to come ON! Thanks for your answer, but please next time pay attention and do not insult a member's intelligence. If anyone willing to help, please do not follow this person line of thoughts.
Mharvey 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  

fperezal, i think u need to read the post over your self.

blazeronspokes is correct if he does not want to use the on/off switch then he can either use ignition or parking light. no need for the on off switch

fperezal 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
Mr. Mharvey: You are as smart as Mr. blazeronspokes.  I am disapointed to see how much neither of you understand whats happening.  I dont care if you connect the power wire to the solar cells on the Space Station and the ground wire to the earth's freaking inner core, THESE GAUGES WILL NOT TURN ON UNLESS YOU USE THE ON/OFF SWITCH, (WHICH IS A TRIGGER / INTERRUPT SWITCH). THERE IS NO POWER REQUIRED TO THE SWITCH... NO SWITCH, NO POWER TO THE GAUGES. A TRIGGER SWITCH WILL CHANGE THE STATE OF A NORMALLY CLOSED CIRCUIT, ALREADY ENERGIZED BY A POWER SOURCE.  I am trying to see if with a relay or somenthing else, using accessory power, I can trigger the  ALREADY POWERED GAUGES to come on.  Is my English that bad? Dont mean to be rude....just, please... do not reply to this post unless you know what you are talking about and understand what a trigger switch is. 
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged  
wow; is this how you deal with people on an everyday basis when they're trying to help you? I hope there's sarcasm in there that I'm not picking up on.
Is the switch you're talking about connected directly to the transformer board for the lights? if it is; you should be able to remove the switch and connect the two pins on the board recently vacated by the switch; this will essentially mimic a constantly closed switch.    
Hopefully this advice will help me avoid incurring your ever increasing wrath. 92 Accord Glow Lights - Last Post -- posted image.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
fperezal 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
Mr. Hornshockey: No intentions to ofend anyone. Thanks for the reply. You are very very close to understand what I am talking about. Yes, you are right... when you jump the 2 pins, it will close the circuit to trigger the power on the gauges...thats exectly how it works. The only problem, if you remove the power from the gauges and re apply power, the 2 pins jumper you are suggesting must be removed and re installed. Do you see what I am talking about here? Jumping these 2 pins in fact does what you said...all they do is to trigger the already powered circuit. A frien told me to use a relay to trigger these pins, but I will thing if I go this route, the really will supply power to the pins, frying the gauges.....what ever trigger or short this 2 pins, must be a continuity pulse....exited by 12 volts.....thaks. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic