icon

Infinity Products

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
What does everyone think of Infinity products?  Do they give good bang for the buck or are there a lot of better makers?  I've also heard a lot of talk about how Infinity's are very accurate.  Is that true?
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 1:59 AM / IP Logged  
I don't beleive I've heard any knocks on Infinity's performance or quality. I've got a pair of their Kappa 12's on their 610a amplifier and 6 1/2" component set and I've loved the whole setup from the moment I put it in.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
dh205 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
as you can see in my signature i have all infinity stuff. i listen to mostly hard rock/metal with alot of double-bass and it sounds excellent. i've also played rap and hiphop and although my system is tuned to be best for the rock stuff....it kicks butt with the rap too.
2004 hondaaccord sedan alpinecda9827HU, 2kicker sx650.1monoamps, alpinemrv-f540 4ch, 2 kappaperfect 10.1svc subs(350rms ea.), kappa 6.1 components(front), kappa 693.5i 6x9's(rear).

dh205 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 2:02 AM / IP Logged  
i actually had that amp and got rid of it. very "dirty" performance in my dealings with it.
2004 hondaaccord sedan alpinecda9827HU, 2kicker sx650.1monoamps, alpinemrv-f540 4ch, 2 kappaperfect 10.1svc subs(350rms ea.), kappa 6.1 components(front), kappa 693.5i 6x9's(rear).

arrow12 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  

so you would say that Infinity is a high quality maker and one i should invest in?

sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
Infinity is an outstanding commercial brand. Their high end equipment is on par with the better offerings from premier manufacturers like MB Quart or JL Audio, and their low end equipment (the Reference line) is one of the first places I turn to for budget stuff.
For my money, I usually prefer offerings from their sister company, the superlative JBL.
Either way, the loudspeaker componets Infinity offers *are* exceptionally accurate and clean... if a bit screechy and bright at volume... but that certainly is the trend of *so* many manufacturers today..
dh205 wrote:
i actually had that amp and got rid of it. very "dirty" performance in my dealings with it.
These amps I'm actually totally unfamilar with. I know they're sold at CircuitCity... the easiest litmus test for the question "should I spend money on this componet?"... They actually look pretty cheesy.
The questionable quality of the Reference amps aside, the Infinity Kappa Perfect series of subwoofers stands out as some of the finest equipment I've ever used.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
dh205 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
i agree. the kappa perfect speakers that i have i am very happy with. the amps (i've had the 7540a and 610a) were horrible though.

Tegpilot 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  
Hey bud, I have infintiy kappa DVQ 10.1, Solid, tight kick drum bass in a small .50 cubic foot enclosure.  I own Kappa 5.25 components on doors and they are very accurate.  The tweets are bright, but the new ones come with adjustable db 0/+3 settings, so you can tone them down.  Don't buy the oval coaxials, I've had both round and 6x9's, the 6x9's distort easily, the rounds 6 1/2 can handle plenty.  On the meter the amp doesn't seem to stack up with my Alpine MRV-F357.  It doesn't put out quick enough response if you know what I mean.  It seems to lag.  Hope it helps, altogether great speakers for the price.
arrow12 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
so all in all infinity is a good speaker maker.  you should stay away from their amps though.  what amps would you recommend instead?
Steven6095 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
In the same price range are JBL's amps. I have always loved mine and I have noticed several on the forum have the same opinio

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic