icon

02 trailblazer, new head unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cswamp44 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
i have a trailblazer i am working on, i am installing a new HU the trailblazer has the data bus 2 factory radio and i installed the relocation harness but i cannot get it to switch i was wondering if there is a special way to do this or if there is something i am doing wrong. i have constant power , good ground, but no power . any help would be appreciated.
swampy
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  

I would reccomend using a OEM-1 bypass moduel instead of the relocating harnes. you will get much better results. Drawback is there kind of expensive.

PS. The OEM-1 is made by PAC

jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
Where did you get your accessory power from?
Jazzy
cswamp44 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2005 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
i figured out that there wasn't enough power in the switched power that was provided so i found another with 12+ volts. thanks for the help i will try the OEM-1 & see which on i like better.
swampy
roadshoptuner 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2005 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  

...one thing to keep in mind is that with the relocation ahrness you dont ACTUALLY ave to relocate the factory radio (you can just hide the plug under the dash somewhere, the only down side is you loose your chime system....(for me personally that was a Upside to the install......nothing i hate more than hearing a stupid chime when im ripping my e-brake through dirt parking lots!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084619/6

customcutlass92 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2005 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  

With the RDS radios, if you use the bypass modules can you still program your settings that use the factory radio? Keyless Entry, Tire Pressure Light, Low Oil Light, Oil Change Light, etc.? I am getting ready to change the one in my 2000 Impala.

roadshoptuner 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2005 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  

customcutlass92, when u swap out youre rds radio, the only way to reset all the lights (with the exception of youre tire pressure light) is to purchase the relocation harness. As mentioned before, it does not actually require you to move you're factory radio somewhere else, but assuming you dont, you will loose your chime system. If you do relocate the factory radio (i.e. the trunk) you will be able to still reset all of the lights and program you're keyless entry. What i did was use the relocation harness (mainly due due its price vs. metras gm-rc01 which eliminates the need to keep the radio in the car). Whenever one of the lights comes on, i simply keep my old rds radio in my garage, and i pull the extension cable (which i have tucked under the dash) plug it in to the old radio and BAM the lights are reset. when im done i put the plug right back where i had it stashed. One thing to remember is if you do it my way (without actually relocating the RDS) you WILL loose you're chime system. But as i had mentioned before this can also be a plus.

~Good luck! 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic