icon

Which Amp Do You Suggest

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  

I am going to install 2 Infinity Perfect 12 VQ subwoofers (12", 25-400Hz frequency response, 75-400W RMS power range, 1600W peak power handling) and I'm debating between three amplifiers.  I know 2 of the amplifiers won't be supplying extreme amounts of power, but they are what I am looking at for this moment.  They are:

Hifonics BX1205D (1-channel, 900Wx1 @ 2 ohms, 20-250Hz frequency response)

Phoenix Gold R8.0;1 (1-channel, 600Wx1 @ 2 ohms, 20-330Hz frequency response)

JBL GTO601.1II (1-channel, 580Wx1 @ 2 ohms, 10-302Hz frequency response)

I was leaning toward the JBL because I have heard good things about it.  Oh yea.  I am looking for SQ and not SPL if you can't tell with my chosed speakers.  Thanks for the comments.

That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
Tegpilot 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
hey arrow, I tried to reply, but it didn't post.  Anyway, i suggested the JBL.  I have Infinity, Love the Company, Harman Kardon.  As we all know, product performance is a must, but so Is knowing company will back you up and help out.  JBL amps are clean, and can handle the overhead, so you'll be fine with that.  I have Phoenix stuff, good product but they suck on helping out if you have a problem *sorry if anybody dissagrees*  Hope this helps let us know!
99 INTEGRA LS 4DR Forest Green.Alpine CDA9857 Deck. JBL 755.6 AMP, Kappa 50.7cs Front, Kappa 6x9's Rear, 4 JBL GTO804 subs
arrow12 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone else have an opinion for me?
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 2:17 AM / IP Logged  

I think those amps are pretty much in the same league. If I were you I'd go for the one that has the best warranty and bang (wattage) for the buck. if one has any outstanding features, that may sway me too.

However that hifonics would be on the bottom of my list. The jbl and phoenix gold are nicer amps imo.

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
arrow12 wrote:

I am going to install 2 Infinity Perfect 12 VQ subwoofers (12", 25-400Hz frequency response, 75-400W RMS power range, 1600W peak power handling) ... I am looking for SQ and not SPL if you can't tell with my chosed speakers. 

Your inclusion of "peak" power belies your intentions of going for SQ.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
arrow12 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  

No I just added that just for the hell of it.  Sorry I am looking for SQ though.

ssnds 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
i have heard more good about the hifonics.. never fond of JBL.
SSounds

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic