icon

2002 avalanche DRL problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2005 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
ok i origionally installed a viper5000 with an add on valet remote start in my boss's avalanche.  today i took it all out to install the viper791 and i ran into this weird problem.  well first we noticed the headlights were staying on even with the keys out of the ignition, light switch turned to off.  if i turn the key to ACC, the lights shut off but come back on once i turn the key off or to run or start the vehicle.  If you press the dome override button 4 times it will turn off the DRL feature...by the way DRL is daytime running lights.  so i can press the button 4 times, headlights shut off, i can start the vehicle and the headlights wont come on until i turn the vehicle back off...and were back at the beginning of this post...the headlights wont shut off.   however, if i hit the button 4 times...engage the E-brake...and then start the vehicle, the headlights dont come on until i take the E-brake off.  so pretty much what we got is the DRL does not work at all and the headlights stay on even when the vehicle is off, the only way to get the headlights to turn off is to hit the dome override button 4 times.  so i told my boss he'd have to do that until i could figure out the problem is and when i drove the vehicle out of the garage and in the parking lot...during the day...the headlights no longer stayed on for no reason, BUT the DRL doesnt work!!!!!   i disconnected the alarm to see if there was a short on the circuit causing this and it didnt help.  i really hope someone can help me cause my boss is really giving me a hard time about this.  thanks in advance!!
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
did u try unhooking the photocell and seeing what that does?
Where theres is a wire there's a way.
serialthrlla 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
it is normal for the headlights to come on when the key is turned off, but they should turn off after like 30 seconds.
Montrealler 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
Send me your e-mail by private message and I will send you valluable info.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic