icon

DEI 508d Radar Sensor Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chrisandersen 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  

I have a Viper 791XV and am installing a 508D Doubleguard radar sensor and am having a problem.  I have connected both the blue and green trigger wires to the blue multiplexed input wire on the alarm as instructed, but the alarm triggers immediately even when only the green LED on the sensor is triggered, There is no short chirp only the full alarm sequence. 

I have the door and trunk pinswitches on the same input, but I cant imagine that would have any effect.

Any suggestions?

sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
You need to check and make sure of the length of pulse for the radar sensor. If its longer then 0.8 seconds it will trigger the full alarm.. also you should be connecting  your door and trunk pins to the greeen wire. That radar sensor may not be compatible with a viper alarm because of the mulitplexing
chrisandersen 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  

According to the instructions, the green wire sends a 500mS pulse.  Which is less than .8 seconds.  This is a model 508d which is supposed to be compatible correct?

The trunk and hood pins are on this wire because that zone indicates a hood or trunk violation on my LCD display.  They are not affecting this problem though. 

sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I got nothin on this one then, DEI 508d Radar Sensor Issue - Last Post -- posted image. srry

chrisandersen 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
Is there any adjustment that I am not finding on the multiplexing wire on the alarm?  I have just experimented with pulsing it manually....just brushing a ground wire for and instant...and it goes to full alarm...I think there must be something going on with the 791xv on this one.
chungo 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  

try the green wire from the shock sensor harness.

chrisandersen 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you Chungo....that does work....but....

I have a 506T audio sensor also, I had been using the jumper included with the 506t that allows it to use a single harness with my shock sensor (no green wire on that one).  To try what you suggested, I pulled the 506t and used the stock harness that came with my shock sensor.  Should I do anything special to make all of these sensors work together?

chrisandersen 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, nevermind, there is a green wire on that jumper, it is so short that i didnt notice it.  Thanks so much for your help.  This forum is great.
mhungerford 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
you hould us the wires on the shock sensor...they are the same color and have the same effect......warn away and full trigger.....that is how mine is setup
kingdavid 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
mhungerford wrote:
you hould us the wires on the shock sensor...they are the same color and have the same effect......warn away and full trigger.....that is how mine is setup
i agree, use the shock sensor wire, u should try connnecting one zone at a time, instead of the two.
this way u wont b confused wich one is which works for
me too..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic