the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

running RCAs by power

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2005 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
There's one I have never heard before...

I am here to entertain! and something else, just can't remember.

Again this was gathered info from a physics professor. Your explanation is sound, however in your previous responses it was stated that AC current does produce a EMF, but the magnitude of this will not affect low level signal, but a metal wrapping in an RCA will amplify this interference. Yes a shield is used to block things so to speak, but after all it is a conductor.

youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
alright out of everybody's comments it seems that there is a current drop in a line that is carrying a dc or ac both currents make noise. ac makes more of a noise than dc because of its set hz. but in a dc current there is always a very small amount of noise because of a alternater or a fan or something. i now that a power cord can interfear with the signal going to the speakers.(if the speaker wire/rca is close to the power. sometimes it can be loud sometimes it can be quiet it all depends on the setup. if you have the problem with it you gust try what you think it is. all cars are different and stuff happens.
i think that all you have to do is gust try to keep the wire as far away from the power cord. preferbly on the other side of the car. no need to have an argument over it.
but hay it is interesting to hear the advansed and technical answers that people have and there points. keep it up guys it is a extreamly helpful topic.running RCAs by power - Page 5 - Last Post -- posted image. running RCAs by power - Page 5 - Last Post -- posted image. running RCAs by power - Page 5 - Last Post -- posted image.
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  

Oh MY GOD..........come on "boys"...where is all of this taking us? And yes I said "BOYS".    You kids babble off this crap that is supposed to impress us, honestly it just makes the rest of us just want to "walk away with our tails between our legs" How many people do you think understand HALF of the crap you kids are spewing......and does it really help ANYONE. It's like the main objective has been forgotten....to help, and assist...the "not so experienced"

I would think this would be a perfect topic for you guys to PM the living crap out of one another over...........

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  

Well Kar TuneMan you sure like to spoil other people's fun! Perhaps this topic is a little beaten, but at least it hasn't been reduced to name calling and other juvenille behavior (yet). Just because you can't join in doesn't mean you have to condemn it. (this should be read with a humorous inflection)

I for one have learned a lot from this thread, and am quite happy to have participated in it. It may take some time to figure this stuff out (there are some things I am not totally clear on) but there are answers to questions here. Be patient, this is after all a DISCUSSION forum...

Mad Scientists 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

Oh MY GOD..........come on "boys"...where is all of this taking us? And yes I said "BOYS".    You kids babble off this crap that is supposed to impress us, honestly it just makes the rest of us just want to "walk away with our tails between our legs" How many people do you think understand HALF of the crap you kids are spewing......and does it really help ANYONE. It's like the main objective has been forgotten....to help, and assist...the "not so experienced"

I would think this would be a perfect topic for you guys to PM the living crap out of one another over...........

If nothing else, use this to recognize things you don't know about and read up on them. Try to learn more. Is it surprising that DYohn and Hamfisted (sic) know stuff like this?.. they are two of the most knowledgeable people on the board. Do you think they ever stop trying to learn?

Jim 

Mad Scientists 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  

Heh.. here's a post from another place I read..

"My Marks Manual lists the simplified final velocity of a rocket as delta V = I(s)*g*ln(w(i)/W(f)). This means that the specific impulse ( the I(s) term) times the natural log the final weight over the intial weight. Modern rockets often have a final weight of 10% of their initial weight (90% fuel), which gives about 2.2 for that part. I can not find the specific impulse of gun powder, but we can assume it is fairly low, which is why no one uses it and therfor it is not listed in my book. The lowest specific impulse listed is for hyrdazine, at 110 seconds. That give a maximum speed of 7,734 feet/sec. Escape velocity is around 33,000 feet/sec, so there is no way it could have reached orbit. If they fired it at a 45 degree angle, it would take about 170 seconds to reach its highest point, and another 170 seconds to hit the ground again. With a horizontal velocity 5468 feet/sec, that gives a max distance of 352 miles, which makes things at least possible."

Jim

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
WOW, and rocket hobbiests too! We do have an assortment of people here, don't we?
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  

Dwarren, just a quick correction.  This professor is telling you the braid would make more noise because in his mind it is like an antenna, paralleled with the center conductor.  The only problem with his view is the "antenna" is grounded at both ends.  Haemphyst's assessment is correct.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic