icon

carvox problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cluby262000 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2005 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 1993 s10 blazer that I have installed this P.O.S  connected purple wire first to the tach wire, then it worked about 3 times then the darn thing enages the starter while it's running.  I unhooked it from there and connected to the altenator (the wire that has voltage when the motor starts.  It says that it can be connected to the tach, oil pressure sendor or voltage.  Haven't treid the oil pressure but figure I would get the same eftect.  I tested the wire and it is gettin the singal at the brain.

Do you or any one have a phone number, email which I can ask some one who deals with these to get some answers.   I hate to think that I tossed out my money on someting that I can never use

Mike Thompson
felaani 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2005 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
I have exactly the same problem with my carvox alarm/starter. My guess is that the wire that I connected to is not the right one. The tach wire is supposed to give you an AC voltage between up to 6v. If you don't have that kind of signal, then your main module probably doesn't recognize that the engine is running. But if the wire is correct then maybe the unit is not good. I'll try to work on my alarm and will let you know if I could fix it. Would you post your findings too? Thanks.
carvox problem - Last Post -- posted image.
cluby262000 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged  

Let me ask everyone here this, How can you have AC voltage comeing out of the tach signal?  And if it requires AC then why does it say that you can use oil pressure or high voltage? 

I'm thinking that these are just shhh product and going to take it out and my loss, cause I cann't get a us dealer phone number to ask how to fix or get my money back.

Mike Thompson
felaani 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 7:00 AM / IP Logged  
You may want to check out another posting on the same topic. Someone claims he could fix the problem. Have a look at posting on October 21 under the topic " carvox alarm cant get it to autostart".
carvox problem - Last Post -- posted image.
dougie109 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  

connect it to the uncommon fuel injector wire.. works like a charm... i had the exam same problem.. there are only 2 wires.. if u cant figure it out.. try both... ;)

Dougie

cluby262000 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  

Not sure I want to connect to injector, I would rather be able to talk to a dealer about this but my research comes up only with the one in china.  I'm thinking of going with a compustar instead and try to get the ebayer to take it back.

Mike Thompson
cluby262000 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
Ok Thank you for clearing that up for me.  I did some more reading in my lack of a manual, it states in there that can be connected to fuel injector wiring.  But I never tired the oil pressure, my truck has a oil pressure gauge which I think might not work that way.  Do you know if the brain is self learning, if so what do you have to do to make it learn?
Mike Thompson
cluby262000 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
just went and tried to make this thing work again.  NOPE got going to work, tried both injector wires, one hade ac voltage at 6 voltages and the meter would should it going from 0 to 6 AC volts.  tried rapping the wire around the high tension coil wire 5 times just like in the manaul, showed ac volts at the purple white wire at the brain same shhh.  
Mike Thompson
cluby262000 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2005 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  

Ok here's my newiest idea and last chance at installing this type.  I am going to install a relay in the purple wire that turns the starter over.  I'm going to wire the relay so that when the motor is not running it will make the purple wire connect and have a power wire when the motor starts break the connection in the relay.  It would more or less be like a anti grind relay like found on compustars.  Any body here think that this won't  work please post and why not.  I have tryied everything on this thing and conn't make it function right.  Also what is a bypass do?

Mike Thompson

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic