VSS Speed Sense color code 06 Lincoln LS

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
phillies44 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  

Hello Everyone,

I am installing a Pioneer AVIC-N2 DVD/Nav system into my 2006 Lincoln LS. I need to know what the VSS / Speed Sense wire color code is and where it's located. I suppose it may be the same as the 05 model year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

oddball 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  

VSS---easiest way to pick up   locate c211 connector at A-piller LH side,bottom. c211 is 20way connector from the bottom to the top(almost floor panel) pin 9 and 13 are VSS from ABS control module. pin9 is WHITE/ black pin13 is WHITE/ green. pin13 is better.

phillies44 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2005 at 5:55 AM / IP Logged  
oddball wrote:

VSS---easiest way to pick up   locate c211 connector at A-piller LH side,bottom. c211 is 20way connector from the bottom to the top(almost floor panel) pin 9 and 13 are VSS from ABS control module. pin9 is WHITE/ black pin13 is WHITE/ green. pin13 is better.

Thanks for the info oddball! 

oddball 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2005 at 6:19 AM / IP Logged  
Good Morning,phillies44. VSS hunting is my duty. ask me anytime.(GM,FORD,CHRYSLER)
phillies44 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2005 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  

oddball wrote:
Good Morning,phillies44. VSS hunting is my duty. ask me anytime.(GM,FORD,CHRYSLER)

Hi oddball,

Your VSS instructions for connectors/color were bang on. I was wondering if you could help me with reverse signal/reverse lamp and parking brake. I believe the parking brake is in the drivers kick panel and was trying to avoid running a wire all the to the trunk for reverse lamp.

I really appreciate the help.

Thanks.  

oddball 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2005 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
Phillies44,Give me 23hours? Coz today I am Off.I will tell you closest picking up point of reverse lamp supply voltage. As parking brake signal, I always hook up paring brake signal to ground. use electro tap to connect any ground wire.
phillies44 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2005 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  

oddball wrote:
Phillies44,Give me 23hours? Coz today I am Off.I will tell you closest picking up point of reverse lamp supply voltage. As parking brake signal, I always hook up paring brake signal to ground. use electro tap to connect any ground wire.

Thanks for the info on putting parking brake to ground and for looking into the nearest reverse lamp signal.

Much appreciated.

oddball 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2005 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  

Phillies,sorry I am late. As nearest reverse lamp supply voltage is Rear View Mirror. As connector behind mirror, you can see 7way connector. 2pins are blank.3rd pin is it. WHITE/ blue. this is reverse signal.but I think that there is somewhere else available,  now I have to go out,so give me 10 hrs. just in case, let me tell you connector's pin-out of mirror. pin1-ACC(Yellow/Blue) pin2-Ground(Blk/Orange) pin3-Reverse(WHITE/ Blue) pin4-Mirror control+(Yellow/Blue),pin5-Mirror contorl-(BROWN / Blue).pin6&7-blank 

oddball 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 4:51 AM / IP Logged  

Phillies, here is an alternative contact point to pick up reverse supply voltage.

At Right-Rear Package Tray,(in front of rear window-shield),you can see the connector for rear-window defrost,just a little bit frontward, 2 connectors available.(incline connectors)  2 incline connectors are 16way and 8way. pick up 16way-pin2(WHITE/ blue)! between blue/black and Yellow/Blue. Do not pick up same color wire between WHITE/ Red and Yellow/Black!

Happy haloween! Don't worry this info is not a "Trick"...  

phillies44 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 5:37 AM / IP Logged  

Hey  oddball,

Thanks for all your time and effort into getting this info.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic