icon

2000 sonoma viper 791 xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Satanklawz 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I have my viper 791xv fully installed and working properly so far. I have added a door unlock solonoid to the drivers door and have used the 3 pin blue/green wire harness to wire directly to the soloniod. it says that the wires reverse polarity depending on if you are locking/unlocking. I have tested the wires with a regular test light and this appears to be true. However when I hook them up to my solonoid I get no unlock or lock action. I hooked the solonoid up to my drill battery and all is fine it will unlock and lock effortlessly.  When I test the wires with my test light they are slow to light it up and seem to be providing a weak current.  Any Input?

Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,364
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  

hi,

you need to use the lock/unlock outputs to trigger relays.  the current capability of the module is not enough to operate a solenoid/motor directly.

https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#5w

check out the reverse polarity section.

hope this helps,

mark

webxfx 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  

Satanklawz wrote:
Ok, I fixed the gauge problems, The wiring information provided on this site is WRONG!!! I looked it up on another site and the info was totaly diffrent. I changed the wires and presto!  I figured out that the passkey module was not the correct one and I bought the directed 555LW and am looking for info on how to wire it.

what was wrong, what did you do different? 

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic