icon

stock door panels

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fugit 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
Can anyone tell me the best method to making a mold to keep the door panels looking as close to stock as possible without modifiying the existing panels.  The reason I'm asking is because I wanted to just cut part of my stock panel out and make a cover for my pod, but I haven't been able to find any on ebay for a while.  I don't want to rush them and don't want to cruise minus door panels.  Also anyone have any pics of 94-97 accords with mods to them.  I just want some ideas.  Thanks.
"I'm Rick James bi***, enjoy yo' self Ah Ah Ah"
Dave Chappelle as Rick James
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
so you want to make at tweet pod well i dont think you sould use your door panal as the mold. mold the tweet to the panal. i found that a tweet or mine fits snugly in a toylet paper toob. and you gust cover it in fg and it gets hard. you can cut it at a sharp angle and lay it right agenst the door panal faceing the derection you want and if you mess up gust get on other one. you can also do it like this guy he has the teknick that i think you want for your install https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=55206&KW=tweeter+pod
good luck and if this isent what you were looking for gust post and ill try and help
Aaron
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
sorry for the dub post im alittle tired. gust copy and past the like to your browse and it sould take you right to the page.
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
fugit 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  

No, what I want to do is mod my door panel to house a 7" mid and 4" tweeter, while keeping the rest of the panel as stock looking as possible.  I thought I'd;

1 glass a mold of the door

2 pour expanding foam in the mold and cut out the area that my pod would take up.

3. glass the mold with the pod in place

4 use this as the mold for my new panels and begin glassing.

I think it would work but will take ALOT of time.  I wanted to know if this would be the quickest/easiest/ONLY way to do this or is there something else I could do.  like I said, as stock as possible.  I also have no idea how to make the lip that the top of the panel has to fit in the door.  I know I can align the holes and small plastic pop in parts but the lip is confusing me.  Thanks for any help.

mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
About the best thing you can do without buying new door panels is to:
1. tape off the area where you WANT to place the speakers (not the whole door panel), and mold that area.
2. place speaker rings where you want on the mold
3. stretch fleece around it and resin it.
4. you shouldn't have to lay glass...maybe a layer or two on the insode but that's it.
5. smooth them out or fabric them and mount them
fugit 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
I do want to buy some new panels, and mod them I just can't find any on ebay.  Don't feel like paying dealer prices.
mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  
Go to a junk yard...I'm sure a bunch of teens thinking they were in the fast and the furious broke mommy and daddies little investment. stock door panels - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic