icon

mitsubishi infiniti system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
danman1 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
  I recently purchased a 2000 mitsubihi eclipse and the radio comes on but no sound so i deceded to replace the radio ....So i replaced it and have the same problem with the new one was wondering if anyone woild have any tips for success with this problem...thankyou
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I would look at the fuses, so long as you are one hundred percent sure about your wiring. There may two fuses to look at as well, one under the dash and one under the hood. Did you use a wiring harness?

Actually, upon checking crutchfield, there is a factory amp in your vehicle which needs to be bypassed. In order to do this, you will need to rewire all the speakers to the new deck.

menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
are there speakers in the car? are they hooked in? or they could be grounding out.
bestbuymn 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
If you used a wire harness... is the blue/white wire on the deck hooked up to either the blue or the blue/white wire on the vehicle harness?? I had an older eclipse than yours( i believe it was like a 97/98 or something close) in at our shop with an infinity system.... fired the amp turn-on lead up and it fired up the infinity system.
Tegpilot 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
The mits's I worked, with the infinity factory amp had a Din 5 pin to Rca adapter to power the amp, did you see any thing on the back of the factory radio that had a 5 pin Din cable connection???
99 INTEGRA LS 4DR Forest Green.Alpine CDA9857 Deck. JBL 755.6 AMP, Kappa 50.7cs Front, Kappa 6x9's Rear, 4 JBL GTO804 subs
bestbuymn 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
Tegpilot- the mitsu that i had with the infinity had the regular mitsu plugs as well as a few other cables... i cant remember if the was a din cable or not.. but i just threw a mitsu harness on and wired it up with the amp turn-on and it workerd.... despite the others in the shop telling me that it wouldnt.
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
You do have to bypass the amp under the pass seat. It's only one plug at the amp with the inputs and out puts. You can do one of two things. You can take speaker wire and run it the amp from the headunit or you can unplug the amp and re-run the harness up to the spot were the head unit is. It makes it a little easier. You will have to clip some zip ties and work with it but the amp harness will reach up there. Also your going to have to unplug your center channel speaker. If you never done this car before i would suggest taking it to a shop and have a pro do it. However it isn't that bad.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic