icon

what do you think of my sub project?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
huogo 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  

im working on a silverado 2500 std. cab...im planing to get 2 - 12" subs,, an place it in the truck bed...so i'll cut of the back wall of the cabin and put a 3/4" mdf wall so its going to be the front wall of the sub enclousure.... in the bed i will make other box of steel..so the mfd enclousure an the stell box will be separated by 2 inches of air....the steel will protect the mfd box... and the bed and the cabin will be independent......what do you think???? any ideas???

thanks

Huogo

silverado 2500 std. cab
One_Dieu 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
I think that sounds real cool.  Try it out and take lots of pictures just in case you get stuck. 
Respect the Blood Line
TCalYen 
Copper - Posts: 145
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  

I would definitely resin the mdf just to make sure it won't absorb any moisture even if the steel is protecting it..

TCalYen
huogo 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
hi TCal....should i use resin and fiber or can I use some waterprof sealant over the mdf ? .....at this time i'm working in my door panels...i'll take some photos to share..thanks
silverado 2500 std. cab
TCalYen 
Copper - Posts: 145
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

huogo wrote:
hi TCal....should i use resin and fiber or can I use some waterprof sealant over the mdf ? .....at this time i'm working in my door panels...i'll take some photos to share..thanks

Just resin the mdf real good.  Build the box just as you normally would for a sound alignment and then just resin all over the mdf.  If a waterproof sealant would be cheaper than the resin and the hardener then I would go that route.

I'm not familar with sealants and their effectiveness on mdf though.

Good Luck!  Post pics!

TCalYen

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic