icon

Clifford Matrix 3.5: Remote does not work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eluzion 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
I had a Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 alarm installed two weeks ago at Car Toys. About a week ago a friend and I installed the remote start and "cleaned up" the alarm install (soldered wires, relocated the brain, etc.). Anyways, this morning the remote decided to stop working on the alarm. I've tried everything the manual suggests but still the remote does not seem to want to function. It just gives me the "no signal" icon and beeps a few times.
Any ideas what might be wrong or how I could go about fixing it? I guess my warrenty with Car Toys was void since I installed the remote start, so they refuse to help me. The car is a 1998 Acura Integra GS.
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
check the antenna, wire might have got pinched, or try reprogram the remote
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
disconect your car battery for 2 minutes and then reconnect it. the alarm will sound just hit the unlock button and u should be fine let me know if it works
eluzion 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
I have tried reprogramming the remote as mentioned in my first post with no luck. The remote just gives the "no signal" icon and beeps.
I also had the battery disconnected for 2+ minutes when I was looking over all the wirings and making sure everything was plugged in. Still the remote doesn't seem to want to work. ;/
autotech mobile 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  

Double check the antenna wire as infinkc stated. Unplug and check the plugs at the alarm and the antenna sometimes the pins or wires can pull loose. A few issues that I have come across with Viper are:

1. Remote may have been dropped by customer.

2. Remote simply stop working ( #1 problem with the 2way, why I don't know...)

3. Wires or pins come loose on antenna (as mentioned above)

4. Faulty antenna do to jump starting the vehicle. (sounds odd I know, but more than 1 DEI tech mentioned this problem)

eluzion 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
Well the remote was sitting on my desk before I went to bed (when it was working) and I woke up the next morning in the same place (but was not working).
The day before this happened, the remote was acting up. It would "communicate" with the alarm (was able to remote start, unarm, arm, etc.), however, none of the icons on the pager itself were being updated (always showed unlocked and didn't show the remote start icon when using remote start).
I did inspect the antenna earlier today and everything appeared in excellent condition (alarm is only 2 weeks old).
*shrug* Hopefully I can find a solution to this asap. Reason I purchased the alarm is because my vehicle was broken into twice in less than two weeks, second time leaving 3,000 dollars worth of damage. So far the alarm has seemed to keep the thieves away but now that it doesn't work... who knows.
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
I hav similar problems wit 3.5 matrix Transmitter just stop working and some icons wont work sorry to tell you buy a new remote and pray.
eluzion 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2005 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
Damn. I just bought this alarm two weeks ago too. I'd hate to think the remote is already toast. Did purchasing a new remote fix your problem?
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  

unplug the antenna, leave it for 2 minutes and reconnect it.... that should recycle it.......

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic