icon

N2 Software upgrade

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shhnappa 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know what the upgrade replaces or repairs when updating to v1.2 (CNDV-50MT) Will it affect the bypass? I know it will update the mapping of new roads, but is there anything else?
whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 3:24 AM / IP Logged  

You mean when going from 1.1 or 1.0 to 1.2?  It just fixes some bugs and does not affect the bypass.  If you mean when upgrading from the 40MT to the 50MT, it improves mapping, gives you the ability to add NavTraffic, and a couple other improvements to the menu system. 

shhnappa wrote:
Does anyone know what the upgrade replaces or repairs when updating to v1.2 (CNDV-50MT) Will it affect the bypass? I know it will update the mapping of new roads, but is there anything else?

free_refil 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2005 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
How do you get the new software? I registered my deck with Pioneer online. Is that all I need to do for them to send me the updated software? Thanks!
rlith 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 5:12 AM / IP Logged  
free_refil wrote:
How do you get the new software? I registered my deck with Pioneer online. Is that all I need to do for them to send me the updated software? Thanks!
No, you will have to call Pioneer and purchase the discs or try to find them on ebay..(the ones on ebay usually turn out to be burned copies, be careful)
rlith 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 5:12 AM / IP Logged  
free_refil wrote:
No, you will have to call Pioneer and purchase the discs or try to find them on ebay..(the ones on ebay usually turn out to be burned copies, be careful)
Cali_pilot 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  

Actually, if there is a software update for your headunit and you have registered with Pioneer, you will eventually get the updated version in the mail.  If you are wanting to upgrade from N1 to N2/D1 software then you will have to purchase the new upgrade discs either through Pioneer or off of ebay.  For example, if you have an N1 that came with version 1.1 and you have registered your unit, you should receive version 1.2 in the mail.  If you have an N2/D1 that came with version 1.1 and you have registered your unit, you should receive version 1.2 automatically.  If you have the N1's 1.2 and you want the N2/D1's 1.2 you have to pay for it.

CNDV-50MT v1.1 has a problem with the clock.  During normal audio operation (navi screen not showing) the clock will be displayed as a 24 hour clock (ie: 1300 instead of 1:00 PM).  If your navigation screen is displayed, the time will appear normal. The updated 1.2 fixes that problem. 

2011 Ford F-150 Super-Crew FX4
HU: Pioneer AVIC-Z1
Fronts: Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
Rears: Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
Amp: Profile AP1040
Sub: Pioneer TS-SWX251
fryjr 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
Wow, I need that upgrade! That 24hr clock format has been driving me nuts!!!! Thanks for the information.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic