the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Which cars types best for big audio system?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  

An SUV is probally your best bet. But really are you gonna by a new car for more SPL when it isn't for a compition, you will never be able to listen to them at max volume if they are decent even half would probally be pushing it, not to mention perminent hearing loss, burst eardrums, noise tickets, etc. etc.

Sigfried 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
Thank You Guys very much for the Input. My situation is that i have a Toyota Corolla, and i have an MTX System. I have the MTX T81001 that is 1000 Watt RMS @ 2ohm and 1500W RMS @ 1ohm, and i have 2 10" MTX Thunder 9500 Dual Voice Coil and the coils are wired in parallel at 1ohm,thus there is 1500 watt going to them. they are in a Sealed Box. it sound very good right now, but i've been realizing that if a change those 2 10" 9500 Subwoofer for 3 12" MTX Thunder 8500 (SVC)Subwoofer with the same Amp. it will be a lot louder than what i have right now with the same 1500W Rms @ 1ohm. But my dealer told me that's can be a waste of my money becuase i probaly wont get the bass that i supose to get with the type of car that i have, and he say that the best thing is to buy only two of them and wired them @ 2ohm so that i get 1000W Rms and still be louder than what i have right now. On the MTX site can you compare those woofer. and the difference between the 2 10" 9500 series and 3 12" 8500 series is 5.99 dB and if you compare 2 10" 9500 with 2 12" 8500 it will be 2.47 dB. So how big will be the difference if it is 2.47 dB? and if it is 5.99 dB, they say if it is 3dB is equivalent to doubling the power, so if it is 5.99 dB it is like 3 times louder than what i have right now or not? should i go with the 3 or go with the 2? thank you guys. have a nice day.
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
5.99 db is a huge diffrence, you will notice that way more than anything
vogey 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2005 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
i have to agree with the above posts, i when i was still in high school and buyin up every "cool car" i came accross and transfering systems (i have it down to a science now lol) can do a system swap in 15 min, deck, amp, subs but goin from a bronco to a old (meaning boat) delta 88 with 2 rockford 12's in a ported box went from a decent soundind system to "i thought you had subs?" removing the back speakers does help and is worth it in my opinion, and the farhter you are away from the subs the harder it does hit, i made a mdf box for my 1993 buick roadmaster estate wagon, 2 15's and 2 12's (nothin speacil yet had the wood wanted the box so i bought 2 15's from checkerd auto for 20 bucks and threw in my old pioneers... very surprised how good it sounded... but surprised on how long they lasted lol. anyways back to the point i put the subs and amp in my bronco for the trip up north and i could feel the differance in the beat
"I can see down your shirt" *its painted on the bottom of my f-250's door*
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2005 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  

I like full size Broncos myself.

Big Dave
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic