icon

2 perfect 12’s or a single S12L7

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jimmyrose 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  

hey i was just after some opinions on whether i should get twin infinity kappa perfect 12's or a single kicker s12L7.  they will be driven by 650rms @ 2 ohm (dont really want to push to 1 ohm) and in a sealed box - which means dimensions are the same for both (2 x 1cu.ft or 2 cu.ft).

just want something that sounds good with decent punch

speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
Imo kappa's
Big Dave
rottenbelly 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
If you want sound quality go with the  infinty. they do best in sealed boxes where the L7s tend to do best in ported boxes and tend not to have the best sq. But if u want to blow eardrums go ported L7s.
rottenbellys 05 crew cab colorado.Pioneer dehp 880prs, kenwood excelon in all 4 doors. Bazooka 500 mono Jl 10w3 in coustom center console box.
eklipz17 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  

speedwayaudio1 wrote:
Imo kappa's

x2

boardinbum 
Silver - Posts: 358
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2005 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
Well, you're looking at two very different subs. The Kicker solo baric subs are made as spl subs. They get extremely loud, take lots of power, but don't sound all that great. Where the Infinity's are a sound quality sub... They'll get loud too (granted you use the right box), but not like an L7. They will, however, sound much "better".
It just depends on your taste. Do you want something to vibrate your mirrors off or do you want some nice, well rounded bass?
jimmyrose 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2005 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  

bit of both really. not too loud and i dont want quality if its going to be not all that loud. the kicker wont be in a ported box as i cant fit it in.

i hear the kickers go extremely loud, but when everyone says the infinitys are an sq sub i keep thinking they are going to be really quiet. infinity is hard to find in aus so i cant really go and listen to any.

swinging towards the infinitys but the only problem is finding them

honomichl 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2005 at 6:21 AM / IP Logged  

You said 2 infinity's or 1 kicker l7. well you could get the best of both worlds by puting a kicker L7 in a compact ported box. It will be responsive and it will go low. And what kind of music do you listen too.

you can't be ahead of the curb if you aren't LIVIN LOUD
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2005 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
I will have to say go with the Infinity's.
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 30, 2005 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  

jimmyrose wrote:
but when everyone says the infinitys are an sq sub i keep thinking they are going to be really quiet.

SQ rarely means "quiet".  It just means the subs will play a smooth sub bass response without getting overly loud at any particular narrow frequency range.  It means the tonal quality is pleasing to listen to, even if your eardrums are going into protect mode because of the volume.  It means that when you've listened to an SQ system you get out and say "Wow!  That music sounded great!" instead of "Wow!  Those subs are loud!"

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
go with the infinity's they are REALLY nice subs. trust me, and as you can see the majority of the people how have posted have swung towards the infinity's. from your posts it sounds like you are the sq type that wants some reasonably loud subs with the sq to back it up. the infinity's are more then enough. you will be very happy with them trust me!
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic