re subs compared to jl subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
They have not yet sipped the JL " koolade"
There is no such thing as free installation!
ssnds 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  

para..  can u not read?

it said.. FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD FROM PEOPLE..   lets make it loud and clear.

i wish i had the extra loot to buy two w7's and two different brand (which other people say would be louder SPL than a w7). then find out which actually is louder.i dunno maybe i am talkin out of my ass.

SSounds
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  

Too bad for them, eh? re subs compared to jl subs - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

If a person is going to make a statement such as "brand 'X' beat brand 'Z'", for those people who have never owned or auditioned brand 'X' or brand 'Z' or either one, they're going to have more questions than they have answers, true? How do they compare? What makes you say that X beats Z? How much does each cost? Is the cost worth the expenditure? What is the displacement on both? And on and on.

I like JL Audio, I'm sure that much is evident. Although I'm not currently in the market to replace my current setup, I am FAR more likely to want to explore other brands if I have too much information on those brands versus too little. Or no information whatsoever other than a name and a "this brand beat that brand." And I think there are others who think this way as well.

Make sense? Or is the "koolade" to strong? re subs compared to jl subs - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
Paradigm 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
03impalla wrote:

para..  can u not read?

i wish i had the extra loot to buy two w7's and two different brand (which other people say would be louder SPL than a w7). then find out which actually is louder.i dunno maybe i am talkin out of my ass.

See my follow-up post preceeding this. Sorry, didn't mean to make you feel like you were being flamed, just trying to make things clearer for myself and others.

I've never "heard" anything from RE other than what I read on this forum. So I've not been inclined to go seek them out based on statements such as "I hear the XXX beat the W7." That's just the way I do things. I want more information that I can base a solid opinion on, so when I go to replace my subs once they fail for whatever reason, I can either stick with what I've always known and be a "brand loyal" kind of guy, or I can branch out and try something new that I may end up liking better. re subs compared to jl subs - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
Paradigm 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
03impalla wrote:

para..  can u not read?

That's exactly what I was asking for! See, I knew you could do it! re subs compared to jl subs - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

And I can read just fine. Thanks for the concern re subs compared to jl subs - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
ssnds 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2005 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  

i am so sorry sir. please forgive me. i can't type. louder better.. same thing.. not.. anyways. i'm gonna try the re brand. since they will be selling them cheap from the factory. if i am not happen for what i get. then i will spend twice as much and go buy a dub7. in then mean time. i'm going go post things on here so i can be insulted! ;).  thanks for the three posts in a row..

SSounds
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic