icon

mixing sub sizes?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2005 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  

Going to throw this in because I didn't see anyone mention it.

If properly tuned AND installed the multiple size subs WILL give you better SQ then having a single(or multiple of the same size) play the whole bass range.

You mentioned that you have the 8s in the rear shelf, and the 12 in the trunk.  This is not the best setup for SQ.  The subs are interacting with each other, usually for the worse.

40thieves 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2005 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  

I'm interested in doing the same thing in a 95 Honda Accord LX.  It seems like all that you would have to do is add a crossover to the system and cutoff the 8s slightly before the 12 peaks.  Is this true or am I way off base here.  I apologize for the noob question, but I would really like to know.  I had BOOMY systems when I was younger, but now I listen to more Jazz and Rock.  If the sound is truely that much better I'm willing to invest in it.  I drive quite a bit.  Any help on how to achieve this would be much apreciated.

geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2005 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
It's more complicated than that.  Crossover setup plays a huge part but placement, enclosure design as well as frequency response all come into play as well.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic