icon

Suede Flocker?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
I am building a center console for my 1998 Chevy Silverado with bucket seats.  The factory console is too small, plus us rattles and squeeks.  The top will be fairly flat, with one curve going towards the roof for the arm rest.  It will resemble a 2003-up chevy/gmc center console.  I will have a storage area (almost exactly in the same location as the factory) and would like to use this flock on it (or rather in the compartment).  I have never used this before, and was looking on select products and found it.  How does it work?  Do you spray the glue and then just shake the suede material over it like powder??  What is the gun??  Is the gun and flock all I need??  Thank you, David.
davedyer79
SoundAudio 
Copper - Posts: 242
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2005 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
You can use spray adhesive I would bet.  I have only used flock for woodworkig so I used contact cement.  The gun is ultimately a carboard tuibe capped at both ends with a small hole in  one end.  It helps to spread the flock more evenly.  I would do some trial runs until you get the hang of it.  You might be able to get the stuff cheaper at www.rockler.com .  I have not looked at select products for a long time.  I hope it works out for you.
Good Luck!
-Thad
lathan 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2005 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
hey, I use flock quite often. Do not use spray adhesive! When you buy the flock it comes with a little can of glue which is basically paint (same color as the flock you ordered) and you just brush it on, fill your pump with the fibers and simply pump them on. It is rediculously simple. Make sure to buy a seperate pumper for each and every color as the fibers never seem to come completly out. good luck and post some pics...
Lathan Hites
"I'm sorry, without a credit card I'll be requiring a stool sample"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic