icon

Alpine IVA-C800, 99 Tahoe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikeys8 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  

I am puting an Alpine IVA-C800 in-dash tv into my buddy's '99 Tahoe. My question is, there are two wires left to go, a blue and black. Which one goes to the foot brake and which to the parking brake? If anyone can help me with which goes where and what I can do to bypass the e-brake, I would be much obliged.  My second queastion is, he has what I am guessing to be a premium sound system with 6 channels. Can I just hook up the two sets of rear speakers to the set of rear outputs or do I need an adapter of some sort? Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

Mike

extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
on the in dash unit or the underseat unit?
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
blue is usually the amp output trigger and black is ground, the parking wires are yellow wires. all the colors should be on the sticker on the brain itself.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
alpine0000 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  

yes, the post above is correct. anyways, did the head unit NOT come with instructions that tells you what color wire goes where? even if it didnt, it should be printed on the top of the head unit! Alpine IVA-C800, 99 Tahoe - Last Post -- posted image.

anyways, heres a few standard colors for alpine head units incase you cant find the diagram

• yellow - +12v
  • red - 12v accessory
  • black - ground
  • blue/white - remote turn on (for amps)
  • blue - power antenna
  • white and WHITE/ black - front left speaker + and -
  • grey and grey/black - front right speaker + and -
  • green and GREEN/ black - rear left speaker + and -
  • purple and PURPLE / black - rear right speaker + and -
  • ORANGE / white - reverse wire
  • WHITE/ pink - monitor control lead
  • pink/black - audio interupt (for cell phones)
  • yellow/blue - parking brake
  • yellow/black - foot brake

good luck

2015 4Runner TRD Pro
-Viper 5706V alarm/remote start
-Viper DBALL2 Bypass Module
-Valentine One radar detector
mikeys8 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for all of your help. My buddy got this from a friend, and no it didn't come with instructions. I will trace the blue and black cables back and see what they wires they are tied too. That will probably lead me to the yellow/blue and yellow/black wire that were spoken of. Thanks alot for your help.

Mike

mikeys8 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
Feel free to call me stupid, but I am having a hard time finding the brake switch on a '99 Tahoe. Naturally, this is the first video install I have done and its not for me, so I don't want to mess this up. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. I am installing an Alpine IVA-C800 in dash with DVA-5200 resting under the passenger seat. I am going to run the wire to the brake switch, and the one that is supposed to go to the parking brake I will ground out with a toggle switch inline. If anyone can tell me whether this is right or wrong for bypassing the safety mechanism, it would be much helpful. Thanks in advance.  Mike
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 17, 2005 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
lt.blue at the switch NEG(-)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic