icon

In dash DVD/NAV system in 04 chevy w/Bose

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
canoli 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  

I have an 2004 Chevy crew cab with the bose system, XM, and onstar. I would like to find an indash unit that has navagation capabilities as well as play dvds. I don't like the motorized unites that pop out. What would yall recomend? I like the eclipse AVN5435 unit as it has the GPS built in, but i think it sticks out kinda far. The kenwood ddx-8017 looks good also.  Does the pioneer avic-d1 unit play dvds or do you have to hook up an external dvd palyer to it?

Thanks,

Canoli

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
Nothing beats the Eclipse for quality....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
alpine0000 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
yea, the eclipse is the nicest unit of the ones you mentioned. go with that before you go with kenwood, definately. i have the alpine 310 flip out. if i wasnt going to get a flip out though, id def get the eclipse. its top-notch!
2015 4Runner TRD Pro
-Viper 5706V alarm/remote start
-Viper DBALL2 Bypass Module
-Valentine One radar detector
alpine0000 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  

oh, btw, the pioneer unit should play dvd's, but not while your moving. this can be bypassed however so you can watch them while you drive. see the sticky in this forum to see how.

In dash DVD/NAV system in 04 chevy w/Bose - Last Post -- posted image. youve gotta start doin some research with the search button! haha, seriously though, there is TONS of info on these head units on this forum, including pictures of installs, cool things you can do with em, and everything else. anything you want to know has already been asked in this forum.

keep us posted!

2015 4Runner TRD Pro
-Viper 5706V alarm/remote start
-Viper DBALL2 Bypass Module
-Valentine One radar detector
whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  

The pioneer D1 does NOT play movies but you can buy an external one and pipe it in for really cheap.  If you don't mine waiting for til spring, they have a unit called the Z1 that is better than the current eclipse and kenwood.  Double-din 7 inch screen, play movies, harddrive like the eclipse, bluetooth.  Should be sweet.  Here is some more info: http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2005/11/pioneer_avicz1.html

{QUOTE=alpine0000]

oh, btw, the pioneer unit should play dvd's, but not while your moving. this can be bypassed however so you can watch them while you drive. see the sticky in this forum to see how.

In dash DVD/NAV system in 04 chevy w/Bose - Last Post -- posted image. youve gotta start doin some research with the search button! haha, seriously though, there is TONS of info on these head units on this forum, including pictures of installs, cool things you can do with em, and everything else. anything you want to know has already been asked in this forum.

keep us posted!

[/QUOTE]
canoli 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  

I will do that. But since were are all here Can I ask the question how does the Pioneer paly the DVDs? Do you need an external player or just the Indash Unit? Can the   GEX-P10XMT from pioneer work on the eclipse unit?

Thanks for the help guys,

Canoli

canoli 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  

You came in while posting.

hanks whtcrxghst.

Canoli

canoli 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
Do you think the new Z1 will fit in the GMs being a 7" screen?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic