icon

Jeep Grand Cherokee Amp Bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skinboy21 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2005 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
I own a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It currenty has 6x9's in the front doors with tweeters in the dash. In the back doors it has 6.5's. It would be better to put a component 6.5 system in the front with a crossover tying the two together, and just doing 6.5 coaxial in the back. The only problem is that I can't do that with out putting in a new amplifier. I need to bypass the factory amp. I want to keep the stock headunit, but i do not know if i should run all new wire, or bypass the headunit by manually spilcing the wires together. if i dont run speaker wire what is the proper method of bypassing the amp is it to just spice into the existing factory speaker wires and then run them into the new amp? i would apprecaite it if someone would explain how to properly bypass an amp because there is no harness for this car.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
ophidia31 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  

holy crap, 59 bucks for that!? im sure someone has the wire colors where you can just bypass it right at the amp for free. and if you are running a new 4ch amp off the factory radio, half your work is done for you. just match up the 8 wires for the speakers in the harness behind the radio with the harness at the amp and then run that to the high level on the new amp.

edit:  and the harness for the radio itself should be the 02+ chrysler harness along with the 02+ chrysler antenna adapter.

skinboy21 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2005 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i think that is the best way to go. i have the wire colors and i will run the line level converter off of those and plug the rca into the new 4 channel, and then just splice into the exisitng speaker wires that i know the colors for and run those as the amp outputs. is it ok just to splice into those with t-taps? or should i cut the wire and run it into the amp?
thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic