the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 H2 and 457GW problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
durango02 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
I put in a r/s in a 2006 H2 and tried to use the 457GW. After reading some other post on the 457GW, I am confused. Do I need to use the 3 pin wiring harness to connect to the yellow passlock wires or can I just use it without the 3 pin wiring harness. Also, what exactly do I need to do to program it, I thought i had to plug in the big wiring harness, holding the button, start the car release the button and then turn off the car. What am I doing wrong. Thanks for the help.
sndwrx 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2005 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  

The additional 3-pin harness is for use with Passkey III systems.  The 2005 model H2 is equipped with Passlock II, and I suspect there is little or no difference on the 2006 model. 

To program the 457G, press and hold the button while plugging in the main harness.  Continue to hold until the LED turns on solid, then turn the ignition on.  Release the button a moment later when the LED begins to flash, and crank the engine.  Once the LED turns off, it has been programmed.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic